a question about dating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 5, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to the whole matter of dating its pretty much common sense for even a guy who happens to be a new comer to dating to know that if he has a brother or male friend that dating the the guys ex girlfriends happens to be off limits all together in the case where it turned out badly for both persons involved in the break up

which brings me to my question

how does any of that apply if at all in the case where the guys brother or male friend happens to start dating a person who is a relative of said ex girlfriend but not a actual immediate relative of the ex girlfriend.

to be honest i see nothing wroung with the guys brother or male friend dating a distant relative of said ex girlfriend under those circumstances

as they say no harm no foul

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Someone being an ex doesn't make every female in her family off limits to your friends and family man...

These topics are amazing. Keep em coming. +9,001

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't see why it should be a problem unless there was some psycho crazy stuff that happened in the older relationship. (I have a couple of close girlfriends that have dated my old boyfriends and vice versa..no biggie.) If you have a good relationship with said family or friend just say something and see what happens.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

where the guys brother or male friend is concerned in the matter

does that mean its jsut the ex girlfriend and her sister who happen to be off limits to a guy if he wants to date any of the single woman relatives of the ex girlfriends family?

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

sometimes all it takes is creative thinking outside the box like that to help a guy sidestep around a sociall taboo matter like that dating wise

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You mean all this applies even when you're banging a dog, like you're so inclined to do?

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Just give the upset relatives a new chew toy. They'll forget about the whole thing.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I see nothing wrong with keeping it in the family, nope.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

guys knock it off with the animal stuff all right? for once i am actually trying to udnerstand this particuler matter for myself i ngiving it seriouse though as a person

only reason i brought the matter up is my brother dustin and his frend john happen to be piciking fights with eachother over the matter and to be hoenst i think my bro is going way to far in his telling john that the girl and her entirefamily are off limits dating wise and im the one stuck in the middle tyring to understand the matter for mysel with no one i nmy family being willing to give me a honest answere on the matter in a open minded kind of way

10. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Holy run on sentence O.O.

It being bogus to hook up with a friends recent ex is common sense. Hooking up with said ex's relatives being off limits makes no sense..

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's a big world, there's plenty of other people out there.

Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want your friends/family dating your exes?

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

not i repeat not ex girlfriend but a relative of said ex girlfriend perferably a cousin of the ex girlfriend at closest i see nothing wrougn in the guys brother or guy friend dating a relative of the ex girlfriend under those circumstances

if the relative of said ex girlfriend was in any way or role involved in the dating relationship the two once shared or was otherwise involved in the two breaking up in the first place i an udnerstand the relative being entirely off limits as well

i still see nothing wroung with the guys brother or guy friend dating a relative of the ex girlfriend so long as said relative of the ex girlfriend was not involved at all in the dating relationship break up originally

if the guys brother or guy friend happens to be on good terms with the ex girlfriends family then i see nothign worung with him dating a relative of the ex girlfriend.

if the guy who went through the break up choeses to throw a shit fit on the matter just for the sake of being a whiny prick.

sometimes a matter like this under those circumstances can only be resolved with any lasting degree of finality with a mix of confrontation intimidation and physcial force if need be

as they say all is fair in love and war

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i agree with what tjduckett and blur69 have to say on the matter

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

it takes a god bit of tact and common snese to be able to find a acceptable loop hole on the matter when it comes their being a acceptable grey area on this matter but it is there nonetheless.

16. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    The relatives of this ex would tell everyone to screw too. Promise.

17. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

you can do what my best friend did--ask the dude if he'd be cool with it. worst thing he can do is say no, and things are mildly awkward for a few days, and then you move on. ESPECIALLY if the dude has moved on and/or gotten over the ex. if the chick is that cool and really worth it, it doesn't make sense to let her get away if there's no hard feelings. just get that permission (don't violate the man code!) and go for it.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    All's fair in love and war, dude.

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

The last thing you wanna do is let the right bird get away because of some stupid "bros before hoes" garbage that no real friend/brother/parole officer would hold you to anyway.

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'd probably get more intelligent responses if you (a) used proper punctuation and grammar and (b) could make people forget about the dog thing.

Date any human non-relative you want. If it works out, fine. If not, move on. Don't worry about who you brother/ friend is dating. If they're bothered by who you're dating, just tell them, "Look, man, it'll either work out, or it won't. If it does, you can be happy for me. If not, you get to say you told me so."