a question about cybertron vector prime and megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 14, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people this question goes out to those transfans who happen to have an equal interest in the star wars mythos

when it comes to the cybertron animated series is it just me or does vector prime and megatron come across in some part as being in a certain sense a take on the jedi when it comes to vector primes character and in the case of megatron's character the sith lord?

me i cant help but think vector prime transforms into a star destroyer stlyle ship

and the figure does have a certain star destroyer look going for it if say you took the figure and folded the legs up on top of the body with the lower legs running paralell to the body and the upper legs set up in a v formation at the hips

as for megatron he strikes me as being the sith lord type when it comes to his self generating that whole lightning attack that he uses at times on the enemy and then theres the whole master and apprentice like relationship between hi mand starscream

megatron inbodying the power itself with starscream wanting the power and to forcibly take megatrons place

maybe im reading too much into it but i just cant help but see a certain number of similarities there between the transformers and star wars mythos.

2. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Well-Known Member

I think, and I might be crazy, even more than a Star Destroyer, Vector Prime looks like a Sith Interceptor from ye olde prequels.

And I didn't get around to watching much Cybertron, but you might be onto something.

3. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

Vector Primes alt mode was definitly inspired by the Sith Infiltrator.

Not so sure about the lightning. Couldn't G2 Megatron shoot lightning.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

to say nothing ofthe whole psuedo robed look megatron has going for him through the cape the arms the legs and the body.

hell starscream could almost pass for being an extremely beefed up form of Awing fighter

about vector prime he definately has that jedi night look going for him in robot mode in addition to his being atuned to the matrix/planet force.

id say hes a cross between being a very much down sized stardestroyer and also being in some part a stardestroyer/sith infiltrator hybrid design

i still say vector prime would look a totally bad@$$ done up in a dark black red and grey ala darthvader/nemesis prime.

i can't help but wonder what george lucas's thoughts would be on vector prime and megatron for that matter.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Vector Prime made a few Star Wars references :lol 

6. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I think Vector Prime is a meld of both the sith infiltrator and this guy, the Last Autobot Look how similar their alt modes are and the upside down version of Vector Prime's Transformation, not to mention both having the Autobot Symbol for faces.

I think the Megatron and sith lord comparison is just mere coincidence. The guys who did the anime over in Japan probably thought that they needed Megatron to have a ranged attack before he unlocked his Cyber Key Power, and since his toy had no additional non-cyberkey activated hand held weapons, they went with lightning hands since it is a rather generic villain type attack.