A question about Animated Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Genomus Prime, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Genomus Prime

Genomus Prime Member

Why in the blue, bloody HELL does Optimus Prime fron Animated not have more weapons? It doesn't matter what size he is, he only has an axe! A stupid-ass AXE, people! I would understand having only an axe for deluxe or smaller, but for the bigger ones it should be more than an axe. Megatron has a missile launcher that transforms into a double bladed sword, but Optimus only has an axe. WTF!

2. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Prime's axe is godly, do not speak ill of it. Also, Voyager Prime comes with a gun. (dunno about the other versions)

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Reflector wins, yet again

4. Genomus Prime

Genomus Prime Member

Well, I do suppose you are right about the voyager Prime, but I haven't been able to find one around where I live. A person would expect that if you have a supreme size Prime, it should have more than an axe.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Last time I checked, an axe was still a pretty deadly weapon.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Thread makes head hurt, seller did not ship on time, packaged poorly

7. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Prime only use his axe in the television show? I thought Animated was based around the fact that the Autobots are more workers, and as such use tools to fight, rather than guns, like the militaristic Decepticons use. I have only watched part of season 1, so I may very well be wrong. I guess it would be cool to have a gun with an Animated Prime figure, but if the show doesn't use one, it would just be unnecessary funds used to produce a gun for a character that isn't supposed to even have a one.

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Tuesday

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Along with his (rocket-powered) Axe he also grapples, a once used bola-whip , fire retardant foam and I think he also has a water cannon. Although the voyager class toy has a water gun.

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Even if they HAD blasters, would they be able to hit anything?

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ok, so the main point here is: voyager prime is the animated toy u should get if u want to have optimus prime...apart from the dumb axe, which isnt that great, its an awesome figure.
    in the cartoon, he mainly uses the axe, and also the water cannon, both of which are included in the voyager class toy....i dont remember seeing him use a gun/blaster in the cartoon...remember, its based on the animated show, not on any other version of TF..

megatron had a missile launcher that transformed into double blade swords? are u talking about voyager megs? coz leader megs has both, theyre separate weapons..the blades transform into his chopper's rotor blades

12. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really the only weapon he has on the show that would fit into a Voyager class figure is his Axe (and his silly water pistol.) I doubt they could make Grapple hooks that still retract and hide in the arm in a Voyager figure.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup.

And yeah, he has so many of the gagets on the show, but I can't see them doing them very well on any figure. Easier to make-believe.