A Primus question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by primus2350, May 2, 2006.

1. primus2350

primus2350 New Member

Will there be another shipment to shops or is that it? Is $200 the going rate shipped from Japan?

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, there *might* be. That said, Takara announced a second run of THS02 just after the first run was relased, and they relased Primus about two months back.

So, if they've not announced it by now, it seems unlikely.

$200 seems a lot.

Especially when the only difference from the $50 Hasbro version (due in about 6 - 8 weeks) is a box with pretty artwork on the back.

It's not hard to get a good scan of the artwork either.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This is it. There will be no more runs and Takara Primus sold out in the first week which was back in early March.

So expect the going rate to be 200+ on this guy or just wait for the Hasbro one which is identical.

4. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd agree with this. I got mine from Japan when he was first released (from HLJ). He's a very nice toy, but I'd say wait for the US version, as he's not really worth 200 wingwangs.

You'll also get the Unicron noggin, if you're quick.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah even Japanese fans had to order ehobby exclusive Primus USA edition (with Unicron head) after the initial Takara release.

Of couse some people are apparently buying both versions, though, they must be really rich :p 

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I'd ordered the Takara version, I love that box. :( 

7. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I've got the takara version, and will be buying the US version. Mainly cause I want one to display with unicron, and the Primus I have right now has taken up permanent residency on my son's shelves. :) 

The box is nice. I usually don't keep packaging, but in this case, I did.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

$200 seems a tad steep...however it is sold out and one Freaking nice box...I got mine from Tfsource at the last minute when Digital-toys canceled mine saying they were not getting enough to fill it...I still paid the $89 for it so I was happy. I was very fortunate that they were a little late getting their pre-order for him up.

All that said...I would suggest waiting for the Hasbro release. He is identical...minus the cool box, however you get that cool unicron head...I myself will be getting the Hasbro version as well to play around with :D  Unicron needs a sparing partner.

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The local anime shop has one for $120.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I've got it - nothing to write home about, to be honest. Kind of a dull box.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

$200.00 for the Takara Primus WOW!!! I am glad pre-orderd him a while back. Grant it he is just awesome but not $200.00 Awesome but look at what we spend on G1 TFs. Primus is the first of his kind and has been speculated as a toy for a very long time. But anyway I just Pre-orderd Cybertron Primus with Uni Head and was wondering if I should keep him in th ebox or take him out and disply him as Cybertron while my Takara Primus holds Unicrons head?

12. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Both toys are exactly the same - Hasbro manufactures Primus for Takara now, so well, you could swap them around (if you worry about wear and tear on the Takara version), and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

Not really even unethical, being the same toys with the same materials, same parts and same deco, probably in the same factories.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the Takara one is the same, right down to the Force Chip which has the printed numbers that the Hasbro one will have on it. Everything about the two is the same, except for the box and the inlay. At those prices, it's more prudent and economical to wait the two or three months until he makes his US debut. You'll get the same great toy at a more reasonable price. Different box, but if all you want is the super-awesome guy himself then you'll be fine. He's a great toy, but given he's going to be much cheaper and easier to get domestically (no shipping to pay either don't forget) then you can save the money, and with the extra buy something else.

14. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    I'll try to get the Unicron-headed Hasbro Primus, too.