A power rangers movie or animated film ?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Vincymon, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

PS I know that power rangers is not a priority of this website but I find merging all Power Rangers topics into a 1400 page long thread is ridiculous. With a thread as long as that , it is impossible for me to know if what I am going to post now, has already been discussed.

---------------------------------------
    Think we can get Saban to do this ?
    I think with a bigger budget, a power rangers film could be a blockbuster hit !
    However, not MMPR, as that has been done before.

I think any of Lightspeed Rescue, Timeforce or In Space could be used to make a feature film, with (in my opinion) awesome looking mecha, and a storyline serious enough that parents won't be bored.

( I hope this doesn't get tagged along to the end of the power rangers general thread.)

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    People can sue me, but adapting a PR series into a movie is right up Bay's alley. Explosions, robots, action, not the best acting. Just saying.

3. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

I'd be down for a Time Force movie, as long as it's done well.
    Psssh, who am I kidding? It's Power Rangers, after all. :rolleyes: 

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd rather see a Voltron movie.

5. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    This for me, as well, but I'm an '80s kid. I know my younger brother would disagree.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    A Power Rangers animated film would be utterly pointless. That takes away part of what's so good about the series.

Realistically, I can't see a live-action film working unless it a new series either. Time Force and such may have its fanbase, but the only past era the majority of casual fans care about is MMPR.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe live-action actors with (some) computer-generated sets and backgrounds? These days with what movies can do, even on a smaller budget, so much can be done that going full-on animated would be a pity. Used to be that going to the big screen meant doing stuff that couldn't really be done on telly, but now telly shows are pulling out many tricks just as good as movies.

Actually, back when I used to pitch a lot of telly shows I did throw an idea for an animated Power Rangers series at Saban. I think I've still got some of my pitch artwork kicking around somewhere.

9. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You were not the only one who pitched an animated Power Rangers. In 2007 Disney humored the idea too.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Looks pretty fun, even as test animation. I can still see the potential it could bring but I suppose nowadays the action sections can be pretty easily and cheaply thrown together with computers.
    I pitched mine in 1998. Mostly on the benefits of animation for bigger and probably somewhat cheaper action, and also that not being live-action there would be less flack from parents about the violence of the show. Also animation would've given Power Rangers a little style shake-up, even if maybe it just ran alongside a normal Power Rangers show. Mine was a space-based series to take advantage of the medium, but Power Rangers In Space was just hitting (which I wasn't aware of) so unfortunately I got trumped there.
    I can't find the main concept boards I used but I do still have a copy of the condensed design booklet I left with them.

11. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Heck yea! Frickin' love Time Force, it had one the best story archs of all time..I find it funny that they some how manage to have a very in depth story during that series. But I think I might leans towards a Power Rangers in Space story...OR They could always make a 2nd Forever Red episode and I'll be set...:thumbs2: 

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I do think that a new movie could work if it takes out some of the more cheesy stuff and takes itself seriously. I don't think it should be based on one particular season though.