a possible theory concerning g1 megatrons cartoon origins

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 20, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people what i am about to say may shock quite a lot of you but i believe i may have found a connection between megatron and alpha trion.

now these are just the facts as i have gathered them over the years from the 80's cartoon and from simon furmas book Transformers The Ultimate Guide,

which was itself referanced in some large part when it came to dreamwaves comic,cartoon,animated movie, amalgaverse.

Alpha Trion was himself one of the 13 Cybertronians that made up Cybertron's very first original living generation

he himself posessed an all together unrivaled, and uncontested thorough understanding of Vector Sigma when it comes to it's origins, it's place in Cybertronian society and it's role in the greater scheme

presumably in some part this was because he himself posessed an inherint connection with vector sigma since he himself was a first generation cybertronian.

now when it comes to Alpha Trion he is regarded by society as being little more then an urban legend if that even.

this is just my 2 cents on the subject but i believe there is a possibillityle that megatron is himself the son of alpha trion
    this is how 1 could see the 80's cartoon and reach that conclusion

it was the master builders, who would eventually go on to become the constructicons, who created megatrons body in the cartoon as seen in the five faces of darkness part 4 but even they could not give him life without access to the matrix of leadership or vector sigma

this could in part explain why megatron was so determined to make them a part of his own team. they built him, they would know his every strength and weakness and just how exactly did megatron get his hands on such a piece of hardware as the robosmasher? as for their being 8 shown in the flashback and only 6 of them becoming the constructicons, my guess is that one went on to become hauler/grapple since hauler is itself made from grapple figure wise and haulers character bio stated that he was originally a member of the constructicons so whos to say that the eights one did not go on to become hoist

now just how did megatron know for sure that alpha trion was a living person when the entire population of cybertron knew him as being little more then just a mere urban legend. he also knew of his base of operations.

and just what exactly was the reason that alpha trion was so willing to die in order to give the airealbots and their merged form of superion life?

my guess people is that Alpha Trion did it in some part out of a desire to redeem himself for an as yet unknown action he had commited at some point iearlier in his life

we also know that it was alpha trion who brought orion pax back from the brink of death and gave him new life as optimus prime.

megatron himself stated that he was a creation of vector sigma, that is to say that it was vector sigma itself that gave him life and alpha trion alone has an alltogether unparalelled understanding of vector sigma during the time that he was its gaurdian.

what is the thread that ties optimus, megatron and alpha trion together?

my guess

since the master builders themselves could not give megatron life i believe that it was alpha trion himself who gave megatron life through vector sigma

megatron takes his place in life playing out the role of the son led astray by his ambition and hunger for power.

with orion in his life as optimus prime being the son who would redeem the father in the end by bringing his dark brother to justice by any means necesary..

i feel this could explain an alternate reason for alpha trion sacrificing his life to give life to the airealbots. it was a way for him to redeem himself for his past.

in a way this borrows in some part from the dungeons and dragons cartoon idea about venger being the son of the dungeon master and in some part the idea from he-man and the masters of the universe idea about skelator having once been king randors brother keltor

although in this case optimus prime being megatron's adopted brother.and megatron being the true son of alpha trion.

think about it for a moment

alpha and omega

alpha trion and megatron

alpha trion and omega trion

megatron beng an anagram for omega trion

i think if anything it could fill in quite a few plot holes

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm I can see where you're coming from but nah, i don't think the story-writers meant for it the way you envisioned i.e too "deep" for its time.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's a not a bad hypothesis, though AFAIK, Alpha Trion isn't one of the original 13. Nor does it fit that he is. Old yes, very old, yes. But not one of the 13. Besides, if nothing else, Alpha Trion is from a non-Primus based continuity.

4. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    yr missing an I and and O for that to work.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    thats a really cool theory....dont know if it works out (as someone mentioned) as the whole primus thing didnt exist in that continuity....but who knows....its pretty cool you took the time to at least think about that and write it up nicely....

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So, how did Megatron build the constructicons in caves on earth then?

Alpha Trion is not part of the Primus continuity. He's also not one of the 13 originals.

7. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

There was an episode in g1(I know I know)
    The constructicons were the builders of cybertron and they were friends to omega supreme.
    Megatron reprogramed them to be evil and gave them the form of devastator.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a pretty interesting theory. I like how it would add an almost tragic angle to the Optimus / Megatron conflict.
    Interesting too how you picked out that "Omega Trion" idea. I think that would be worth exploring even if he were a different character.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Very interesting theory and well thought out.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

This is a good ideal for the New Galvatron.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of there being an Omega Trion as well. Considering the bio for "The Fallen" states that his original name he no longer knows, and that he wants to see the last star dim out of existance, then maybe he could be Omega Trion?

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Entirely possible, especially since Omega is "the end" in some senses. Trion would also make sense if you took it as meaning 13 and not 3 - the last of the 13, almost like a serial number or something.
    I personally think the Fallen must be the 13th original Transformer, simply because of the numbers and the fact that he is the original traitor among the TFs.

14. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Omega Trion anagram thing.
    Who invented this 13 child of Primus thing anyway? Never heard of that.

15. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Hmm.... It sounds like a plausible idea, but your idea itself has a couple of flaws(ie. Alpha Trion not being one of the original 13, Megatron not being an anagram for Omega Trion). Other than that, it's a possibility.