A possible plot hole (spoilers possible)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Primewave, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    One thing I really don't get in Dark of the Moon is that at the beginning it showed The Ark getting blasted and then it showed it crashing on the moon in 1961.

The movie timeline on Transformers wiki .net says the ark left cybertron at around 10,000 BC. How in the world could it take that long to get to Earth?

Here is the timeline http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Movie_timeline#10.2C000_BC_onwards

Please someone explain this to me. My only problem with Dark of the moon

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Sea turtles ;D

Also how far away is Cybertron from Earth? Do Cybertonians have near or faster than light drives? Travel through space takes a LONG time 11,961 years isn't really that long.

Odds are just poor editing not relating the passage of time.

3. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

The war on cybertron ended long before humans even existed. It took that long to reach the moon because it was just floating through space.

4. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

Excuse me but we are around 200'000 years old.

And you forget that the primes were among humans, as stated in ROTF.

5. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Good point...

Well anyways, it took that long because it was just floating through space.

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m sure that timeline on TFwiki makes mention of the pillars within the Ark being activated as a result of the blast, thus opening up a time-warp or something, sending them through space and time to land in the 60s. Remember, the pillars are a teleportation device.

7. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

space traffic , ya know with all those 2010 fire trucks floating around ready to be scanned by unconscious primes

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    this is what happened after Starscream attacked the Ship, it teleported using the pillars to space but everyobody thought it was destroyed. Meanwhile while lost on Space it came path with the Nemesis, Fallen told soundwave and his troop to follow it with the hsip longshot. They then landed the Nemesis on the moon where it now lies i nteh film and Followed it then The Ark Entered some sort of Black hole while teleported the Ark, Soudnwave and his troop to the year 1961.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if the space bridge DIDN'T have anything to do with it... dude. It was drifting aimlessly across the GALAXY. A couple of thousand years is probably a bit on the LOW side for it to make the trip.

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Your spaceship would not be the fastest thing in the world if it was shot at and all but one crew-member was KILLED!

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It was supposed to go to Earth but either it was too damaged or the space bridge malfunctioned.

It still got to Earth... close enough.

As Megatron said he and Sentinel Prime was supposed to meet on Earth until fate waylaid them both.

They had a plan going on with the location of the Allspark on Earth but it all went to the pit.

12,000 years later the events of the movies happen.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pardon my language, Mr. President, but it's a big ass sky.

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It is said that the space bridge activated and transported the ark trough time and space

14. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    armageddon?

15. Brentwo19

Brentwo19 Member

Not sure which part of the timeline you were looking at, but I read it twice myself before realizing there were TWO Arks and TWO Nemesis built and launched all at different times. Don't know if that makes a difference...

16. RedWolf

I go with the Trekkie take on canon. Anything not shown on screen is not canon. Or the JMS B5 creator type approval of extra material of what is canon, which Michael Bay, Orci, Kurtzman and Krueger does not do at all for the novels, comics or games.

17. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the plot hole here is that it's indicated that Earth was chosen because of it's unique resource - 6 billion slaves. But when the Ark left Cybertron, there weren't 6 billion humans on Earth - let alone any. That's your hole.

-Silvershot
    /happy to overlook it since the movie was f-ing awesome.

18. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I think the original plan was for Megatron and Sentinel to collect the Fallen's harvester and renew Cybertron's energy source. After the multiple crashes, they shifted the plan to enslavement, since now the situation had changed.

Which then opens up a new plot hole....if Megs and Sentinel wanted something to re-power Cybertron and/or transform Earth, WHY didn't Sentinel just take the Matrix when Prime frickin' handed it right to him?

19. RedWolf

No the plan was to bring Cybertron where the Allspark was... Earth.

To secure a truce Sentinel gave away the coordinates of the Allspark to Megatron.

[​IMG]

Megatron didn't now about the Sun Harvester and the Matrix until the Fallen told him about it in ROTF.

The intention of Megatron was to build an army with the Allspark. An army with a large enough labor force to rebuild Cybertron.

Since Megatron can't build an army anymore he goes for the next best thing... An entire planet of slaves to strip Earth of its resources and use its industrial capacity to rebuild Cybertron.

20. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Fair enough. But still....Optimus HANDED Sentinel the Matrix/Allspark. Put the damn thing right in his hands. Sentinel should have been like, "yoink, thanks, I'm outta here!"