A possible new section for the boards....

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Transbot90210, May 16, 2011.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It has been a very exciting few years to be a TF fan and many of us will agree that Hasbro has nothing to do with it. What I am refering to is the rise of the 3rd party.

Before FP and Igear and MMC and PE there was very little in terms of items to purchase for TFs outside of HasTakTo's offerings. We had The BM set and The Golden Discs but outside of Radicons, we had nothing to expand our universe.

I am not going to list the advancements our franchise has taken in regards to options to add to our collections or expand on figures already in our collection. With the success of many 3rd party items the list of companys and offerings is growing exponentially.

I was hoping to put the idea out there that 3rd party toys, figures, add ons should have their own section. Sort of like Animated had one, TF Prime has one and non transforming toys have one. I think 3rd party items have grown enough to get it's own section.

How many people are in the same boat as me? How many want there own corner of this board dedicated to the contraversial topic of 3rd parties?
    I think that worst case scenerio the number of 3rd party groups may diminish in time but the ones that survive will produce more, quicker and more inexpensively.

So what do you all think?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    already lost to the second page and with no views...I guess I can chalk this up to thread title fail. lol

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    As much as I like third party stuff, besides you though, no one really amps it up and makes a bunch of threads unless you count silliness like, "Would Classics Nemesis Prime work as a weapon for my Fansproject Bruticus?".

It's good conversation, but I don't really feel that it deserves a forum of it's own. It'd pretty much be me, you, and 3 other people going round and round about the same old stuff for pages and pages until we got bored of it. :lol 

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Giuty as charged, I am passionate about the 3rd party stuff. You can't blame me though. I am a part of this fandom today because of the boom we've had in 3rd party goods. The AEC and movie era almost had me tapping out until Animated and 3rd parties saved me. And I do not start many threads...if I have started 20 since 2002 that would be a lot. lol

But come on, you really believe that only 4 or 5 people are into this stuff enough to post?
    I will give you this, right now where it stands the threads could become stale with the main thread being about the ethics behind said products.

I still think 3rd party good warrent a section but it may still be too early in their life to get one.

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I didn't say you start many threads, or specify a quantity in general sir. Please take what I'm writing for what's said, and not what's construed. My point was that ur like the only one who really makes threads about them in general, and the fact that you don't post many, further constitues my point.

I think that third party products don't come out in enough consistancy to warrant a whole forum. The major ones warranting concern are TFClub Devy and then things like upcoming FP stuff... I mean, fun things to talk about, but forum worthy? Not really.

At the end of the day, whether it's third party, or first party, they all fall under the category of Transformers Toys, which is where we're at.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    true dat...you win the thread lol

7. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

another board have 3rd party in the KO section. i agree with it.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I know seibertron has one and although I am not a member there I do a enjoy visiting and reading it.

That is what prompted me to start this thread. Sure it won't be the busiest section out there but I dounbt it would be the least interesting.

9. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

I think it's a great idea! I am also a big fan of 3rd party products and with the amount of cool stuff appearing...and being bought! I would not be surprised if the amount of 3rd party groups increase over the next couple of years!

Also, this would be a way for existing and potential party's to gather info on what board members demands and wish lists are.

Game on!

10. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I would have to disagree with a 3rd party board. Pretty much most 3rd party stuff means "toys" anyways, and we already have a toys board already. It would be too redundant in my opinion.

11. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    An entire section about bootlegs and KOs would be interesting. It would be nice to get all the KO talk out of the TF Toy forums for sure.

12. seali_me

i think its a good idea. don't have to comb the tf toy section for the threads.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. I read the title of the thread and then the name of the person who started it and knew it was going to be about 3rd party figures. I think I like the idea of 3rd party stuff getting their own section. But it could get a bit lonely in there lol.

14. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a 3rd party whore, I'm with you !! :D 

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't having a 3rd party non-official toy section like asking about them at Botcon? A big no-no since it 'brings' it to Hasbro's attention where they might be more likely to lay the smack-down on them. I have this picture of an ostritch with its head in the sand when it comes to this topic.

So its probably better to 'hide' 3rd party talk in amoung the official toys.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Why not just a 3rd party appreciation thread? A whole subforum seems unnecessary.

17. seali_me

he already has that. :D 

i hate combing through threads for tfclub devastator. is he out yet? we're already mid may.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I know, but the very fact that these threads end up lost in the archives should serve as an indicator that a whole forum section dedicated to them would be pretty dull...

Maybe if it was stickied?

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Why don't you just look on the news forum where the TFClub thread is front paged everyday? This makes no sense.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Third party subsection within the toy section would be nice. The reason is that while some third party threads maybe repetitive, I don't have to sift thru the numerous

"What CHUG repaints you want/is next?"
    "Would XYZ from ABC line works as a stand in for classics XXX?"
    "What should the new name be? CHUGUR or whatever the hell?"

Don't forget the

"The definitive classics stand-in" threads! those are never definitive after its off the first page!

as seali mention it would be easier for me.