A Possible Cyclonus reissue being sold as a genuine on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by kissshock, Aug 3, 2010.

1. kissshock

kissshock Member

Hi everyone

I was looking around and found on ebay this link G1 Transformer Cyclonus MIB/MOSC partial - eBay Transformers, Transformers Robots, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies. (end time 05-Aug-10 01:03:49 AEST). The sell has a mib/misb Cyclonus from the 1980's for sale but looking at this item, I see some of the areas which show it could possibly be a knockoff reissue. Would anyone be able to also have a look at this and confirm my findings. I have also emailed the seller to also confirm this.

We shall see what happens.

2. Refused

Refused No brain, No pain

Ebay:
    Box screams KO and the rubsign symbol packaged with instruction booklet confirm it. Need to check better cyclonus himself but 99.99% it's a KO

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Your first guess was correct. it's a KO high quality reissue.

that clear plastic bag that houses the instructions is what all KO TF high quality toys use. it's cheaper made & looks different than the ones hasbro & takara use.

4. Jhaynes

Jhaynes Well-Known Member

I agree it's a KO, and if it was the real one from 1986 it would have the toy poster and Tech Specs in it.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yup KO a genuine would have the rub sign on the figure

6. kissshock

kissshock Member

I have been advised by the seller it might be a knock off. I have asked him to state this in the auction that it is a reissue. It could be easy as someone that might be starting off as a collector, might not know of the Cyclonus reissue and purchase it thinking it is genuine 1980's.

7. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    The awful yellow blob is a dead giveaway.

The originals didn't have a problem with the gradient edging on the graphic.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I won't buy anything from this seller at all, and forget about the "possible reissue" crap he gave u, it's a KO and he knows it. There's no way for him to NOT know it's a KO if all his ebay selling/buying activities are on transformers.
    if i remembered correctly, he was also one of the earliest seller to try to pass the KO headmaster heads as legit too.