A POSITIVE FE TF: Prime Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing I'll say for this FE panic: in researching how to get a good deal, I've learned more about Canadian retail prices, differing province tax rates, international shipping costs and PayPal fine print than I ever expected. It's been very educational.

2. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Stay positive...if FE figures do make it to retail in the US, there is plenty of fine people on these boards who would be willing to help you...

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Animated Blackout.

Mold was made. Packaging was made. And then.....poof, gone. No chance in hades many people were going to pick him up.

HA Mudflap: showed up at TJMaxx's. I never saw him in at least 4 different stores I tried. Had to pay scalper pricing in order to get him. Worth it.

RTS Grapple: never saw him in person, ever. Same with Lugnut, but I was fortunate to purchase from a TF online retailer in a small window.

Windcharger: forget it. I don't think I have ever seen a Five Below store.

So, while waiting is definitely attractive, and plausible in many cases, I can't see myself risking it. I acquired Voyager Prime, and my next move is Bulkhead. I will pay those prices to ensure I get my Bulkhead or Cliffjumper.

So... Who wants to sell me a Bulkhead for a premium price? I would much rather give money to a TFW friend from Canada rather than some No-name stranger in Taiwan. Seriously, I am game.

4. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

thanks.. 1 is enough for each :)  harsh trolling me lmao dont be so upset i got over it after all these sites are for fans and did you see me making any sales threads here? and harsh trolling my cybertron.ca RID sales thread i saw you looking at it lmao all good bro atleast you know im legit

5. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Kinda of scary really. The canadian boardie who I contacted for "help" on an OP wanted 99$. Help doesn't mean rape up there, does it?

6. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Call out those who try and take advantage of the fandom....it let's them know that their activities are not welcome here.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jesus... how did you respond to that? Did you just give it to him at a lower price, or...?

8. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Animated Blackout--Never made it to retail except for the Takara Tomy version which is a whole different story. Not sure if the finished packaged product was a mass amount or just a couple mock ups. Either way, we never saw this finished packaged product in North America or anywhere else for that matter....exact opposite of FE Prime figures.

HA Mudflap--Eventually made it to retail at USA discount stores.

RTS Grappel-- Eventually made it to retail at USA discount stores.

RTS Windcharger-- Eventually made it to retail at USA discount stores.

RTS Lugnut--See above.

RTS Wreckgar and RTS G2 Prime--See above.

I'm sorry that you were never able to score these figures at USA retail. With that said, there are plenty of boardmembers who would be willing to help.

There were members who helped when Grappel and Lugnut showed up and also when Windcharger showed up as well.

9. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I hear ya. Makes it tough when these retail discount stores are few and far between, and the ones in my area suck.

That said, it makes sense trying to get someone on here to help out in those cases, but many times, they do the exact same thing. They know it's a hot item. They know it's in limited distribution. They make their money.

Oh well. I will see what I can do. I need me some Bulkhead.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Negative - Cliffjumper and the Voyagers are off of BBTS
    Positive- but the original three (BB, RC, SS) are back up for preorder. I guess they're still getting those guys as opposed to Cliff...

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I've secured all the FE figures I want through Hobby link japan. Even if Hasbro does find a way to get Bulkhead released in the US. I'll have that cool metallic paint scheme version.

Starscream is one of the best engineered first editions and he came out at US retail. Definitely was the one I was most excited for. The greater storyarch or the first season revolved around him going from a loyal air commander, concerned loyalist, opprotunist decepticon Emperor, and then falling to a sniveling backstabber low rank commander, and renegade.

I mentioned it in another thread. But the most positive thing right now is that the wave 1 deluxe case assortment for TFPRIDE contains Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Cliffjumper. Fan Favorites who really all had one decent appearance to show how awesome they are. And considering how many of the first wave cases get ordered your chances of getting that shortpacked Soundwave are pretty high.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really hope the preorder is still available at the beginning of this month, because thats when I get my money. Better safe then sorry, right?

Also, love that.
    TF: PRIDE. (Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise edition.) I think I'm using that.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I saved money!

14. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    wow thats pretty fucked up

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    No its the first edition with the guns. It just has a new head and paintscheme.

Look for Terrorcon Cliffjumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

*Looks at Montreal gas price* Nope that's not it.

Quebec tax went up by a percent. Nope that's not it either.