A plea to those with Blaster/Soundwave toys, cameras, and steady hands!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by pogin624, Feb 26, 2007.

1. pogin624

pogin624 Member

Hey dudes and dudettes. In a new post I had mentioned that I'm doing a Transformers illustration for class...but I am having trouble finding good references of Soundwave and Blaster in certain positions. Soundwave not as much, but I can't for the life of me find a good picture of Blaster from above (though I might have to check the movie again and go frame by frame). Anywho...a small favor...if anyone has photos of the Transformers from multiple perspectives that would be awesome...or even better, if someone could take some nice, clean snapshots of Blaster from above (or on the ground from the side) that would be so amazing. This is *very* roughly what the composition is going to be like:

[​IMG]

So as you can see, I'm having trouble getting good reference of Blaster in that perspective (and I still feel like i'm doing a lot of guesswork on Soundwave...I'd like to get them to look a little more old school as I go on instead of the huge arms and legs of the comics).

If anyone could help me out I would so appreciate it! It's all for the greater good of the picture and I really want to do the franchise justice! Thanks a bunch in advance.

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what's with the last one? with blaster humping hotrod? :lol 

4. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Oops, I guess Hot Rod needs some love :lolol :

Now that I look at it in detail, it IS kinda weird.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the best part is hotrod's expression :lol 

6. pogin624

pogin624 Member

Thanks everyone! The pictures were a real help. Here's my progress so far...I'm pretty much doing the shapes basically and will go back in and detail them once they're all set in place - I'm having trouble...I probably shoul've thought this out a little better. The idea was that Soundwave was going to be strattling Blaster with his foot on Blaster's hand, but these guys are so big, I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm doing with Soundwave's right leg.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts would be helpful. I probably should've thought this through since their chests and arms are so big. Hopefluly I can still make it believable.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    blaster humping hot rod WTF?! o_O 

8. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I think Soundwave's lower part of his right leg is pointing the wrong direction.

Shouldn't it be inwards?

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

At gun-point none the less... :inquisiti