A plea for help from UK members!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Crazy Collector, Aug 16, 2008.

1. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So I recently purhased the Optimus Prime digital alarm clock that was only released in the UK. I had figured I'd be able to get a converter here in the States, but so far, no luck. I'm hoping some kind UK-based board member will help me out and purchase and send me the proper plug adapter and power converter. Naturally, I'd be happy to pay the cost of the hardware and shipping, as well as a little extra for your time and efforts. Can anyone help me out? PM me, or post in this thread! Thanks!

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i easily found a power converter from Tosche Statio- i mean- Best Buy the day before my trip to england last year. i don't see why you would have a problem finding one either from Best Buy or RadioShack. You are talking about a wall plug converter, right?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Your best bet would be to go to any electronics store and ask about getting a travel converter that takes European / British plugs and converts to US. I can see your problem though, most places would sell something that goes the other way. You can prboably find something though, one would hope.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Failing that, go take a look around any airport shopping area - they sell crap like that all the time. :) 

5. The Crazy Collector

Ebay:
    I live in a small town, so no Best Buy or other large electronics store. Also, no large airport to shop around in. I went to Radio Shack, but they didn't have anything to help me out. Like Sol Fury says, I have no problem finding converters that go from American to UK plugs, it's getting something that goes the other way that's proving difficult.

6. Overenergized

Overenergized Active Member

News Credits:
  7. The Crazy Collector

Ebay:
    That's great O.E. At least it gives me something to look for! Thanks for your help!

8. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I went to Radio Shack 2 years ago, and picked up some converter plug that changes a lot of countries plug to the US. I would recommend alling some Radio Shack around the area and seeing if they have it