A Ph.D. in Deception: The Tale of a Supervillain

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by deltaprime, Jul 11, 2011.

1. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

A few of you may know of something called "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog." It's a movie series that was released online and it starred Neil Patrick Harris as a guy named "Dr. Horrible." Horrible was a struggling super villian who dreamed of making it in the big leagues like his idol, Bad Horse. This story is supposed to take place a while after that and it will be told in both first and third person. Don't worry, there are Transformers involved in it as well! :D  Imagine if you were to take Dr. Horrible and mash it up with Spotlight: Shockwave, and this is what you would get. I hope you all enjoy!

(disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters whatsoever)

7-11-11

Why, hello there! I'd say thank you for reading, but you're kind of forced to do so, aren't you? Yes, yes you are. I shouldn't have to introduce myself, since everyone knows me as their evil overlord, Dr. Horrible. Now, I know I usually do this in vlog form but my minion, Moist, was handling my webcam and the thing slipped through his fingers. Needless to say, the camera was busted so I'm gonna be posting in text for for a while. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the greatest (and now only) blog in the world!
    Mwahahahaha!

(The evil laugh isn't as good over text, I know.)

So a while ago my old boss, Bad Horse, had an unfortunate run in with the glue factory. I, being the good villain I am, volunteered to fill his horseshoes. I pretty much had everything I ever wanted in life, except for, well, you know....Penny.

*Ahem* As you can guess, ruling the world with no competition whatsoever can get boring at times, so I tried to drum up some fun for myself. I had been playing with the idea of robot minions. I mulled the thought over with Moist and that conversation went pretty much like this:

"So, Moist, I think I'm gonna make some robots or something. What do you think?"

"Well, we certainly have the resources for it, but why would you need them?"

"My human slaves don't work fast enough, and I realized I'd have to feed them and whatnot or else they'd, like, die. Robots would be more efficient, and they could shoot lasers from everywhere! Can humans shoot lasers from everywhere?"

"I guess you have a point. I'll tell the workforce to start building them."

So yeah, the robot army will be ready in about a month or so. I'm just missing a few critical parts.

Anyways, it looks like I'm going to have to cut this blog entry short for now. I've been informed of some strange findings on an archaeological site. That's all for now!

2. deltaprime

7-14-11

So I just got back from the site and guess what I found? A giant robot! Imagine the luck! It just so happens that this big purple guy has all the pieces I need to build my horribots! (Okay, yes, I'm still trying to find a better name. If you have any ideas, leave them in the comments!)

So I took this giant robot back to my lab to take a look at him, and I'm starting to suspect that he was made by some other evil genius. The mechanics in him are far more advanced than even my death ray, and he seems to be able to transform into some type of tank if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps I could get my workforce to make my horribots transformable......

The robot thing isn't all I've got going on. I ran into Captain Hammer the other day. You want a good laugh? I found out his real name is Mervin!
    Mervin! He isn't doing to well at all. I mean, there are some guys out there who can rock the beard look (like me) and others (like him) who pretty much look like dirty hobos. I can't believe that it was just a year ago that he was the one making me black out on a regular basis from all the headlocks, wedgies, and swarleys. I'd rather not explain what a swarley is.

Oh yeah, I'm also thinking of recruiting someone to be my personal butler. I couldn't make Moist do it since, well, we've known each other for years. Who knows? It could even be you, the reader! I'll be looking for new talent, so please leave comments in the comment section telling me why you should be my butler!

Gotta go now. I think I just heard something about dinosaurs from one of my slaves.

3. deltaprime

Before

The Tidalwave flew quietly through space as it housed its single passenger. His name was Shockwave, and he was a giant mechanical being from the technologically advanced planet of Cybertron. He was also one of its last survivors. As he travelled through space, Shockwave examined very planets to see how well they would serve as a new homeworld. Once he found a suitable planet, he would seed it with Energon-ore in an attempt to "terraform" it into a replica of Cybertron.

"Your idea seems logical, as usual, Shockwave, but do you intend on doing it alone?" asked his friend Fistfight back on Cybertron.

"I have the sparks of various Decepticons with me who will be reformatted into new bodies once a new planet is found," Soundwave answered.

That exchange happened before The Great Cleansing occurred, which was a mass explosion that decimated anyone remaining on the planet. Refugees had no idea who caused the act of terrorism that doomed a good portion of Cybertron's survivors, but they didn't wish to stick around to find out either. Shockwave was among the first to leave for safety and he was determined to be the first to find a new home.

"Computer, what do we know about the planet up ahead?" Shockwave asked.

"SOURCES SAY IT IS THE ORGANIC PLANET OF EARTH. A PLANET ALMOST ENTIRELY SUBMERGED IN WATER, EARTH HOUSES A MULTITUDE OF SPECIES, THE GREATEST OF WHICH ARE CALLED HUMAN."

"Atmospheric conditions?"

"SUITABLE FOR CYBERTRONIAN LIFEFORMS."

"Set course for this Earth."

Shockwave's flight to the new planet went uninterrupted until it was fired upon by a similarly shaped space craft.

"Dynobots, destroy the Decepticon!" the ship's captain barked.

Lasers shot out of the ship, named the Skyfire , and caused extensive damage to the Tidalwave. Shockwave knew he was going to go down, but it would not be without a fight. He fired his full arsenal before falling into Earth's atmosphere. The Skyfire was hit and it, too, went down.

Both ships crashed to the ground, but their respective passengers miraculously survived. That wasn't to say, however, that they were undamaged.

"C-computer....rescan area and assess atmosphere....." Shockwave whispered.

"REASSESSING DATA. EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE IS SUITABLE, YET THE LOCAL CLIMATE CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO CYBERTRONIAN LIFEFORMS. FREEZING AND SYSTEM FAILURE MAY OCCUR. "

The ships had crashed in an artic wasteland as it turned out. It was looking more and more like the survivors were going to freeze to death.

"You heard the computer, Dynobots! Scan something new before you freeze to death!"

"But...sir! There's nothing around for miles!" said one Dynobot.

"Access the Skyfire's computer and see what it has. Hurry!" replied the captain.

The Dynobot worked as quickly as he could and soon enough the five Dynobots had new organic alternate modes. Their entire physical structures were coated with organic tissue and they were able to survive. Shockwave, however, wasn't as fortunate. He quickly went offline.

"Hopefully that will be the last we ever see of the Decepticon threat," muttered the captain.

The five ventured on in search of possible Energon deposits, not knowing that Shockwave had a ton of it stockpiled on board the Tidalwave. They ran out of fuel and, like Shockwave, went offline. The snow buried all six Cybertronians for years upon years.

July 2011

"All right, all right, make way for your supreme overlord everyone. Man it's cold here! Moist, bring me a coat or something! And you! Take me to this discovery of yours."

Dr. Horrible was led to the site where a large, one-eyed mechanoid was being unearthed. It was a spectacular thing to see. The evil overlord ordered his men to get a crain and deliver the giant robot to his laboratory.

"And keep digging!" he ordered. "Maybe he was friends we can play with! Mwahahahaha!"

"Terrific evil laugh, sir," said one of his henchmen.

"Oh really? Thanks, I've been working on it. It's all in the diaphra--wait--KEEP DIGGING!"

Shortly after he left, Dr. Horrible's workers discovered five other mechanoids and what looked like pieces to an alien spacecraft of some sort.