A Particularly Bad Scene?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ethereal, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'm not talking about the sight gags, like Devastator's balls or the dog's humping, but scenes where it just seemed bad to you. A bad moment of acting, writing, directing...think of it as finding fault with a scene that would be bad regardless of what movie it was actually in. Hope that makes sense :D 

And please don't say, "LOLTHEWHOLEMOVIE". That's not what I'm talking about here ;) .

I'll give you an example. For me, I physically cringe when I watch the scene where Sam picks up the Allspark shard and it downloads into his mine. His delivery of (and the writing behind) the line, "Mikaela, a sliver of the cube got stuck on my sweatshirt" is flat out terrible. One of the big rules of writing is showing the audience, not telling the audience everything, but this just bludgeons me over the head. Not to mention the intensely dramatic delivery of the line when Sam would have no reason to fear/worry about the sliver.

Basically, that's just a scene that does not work for me at all. I like the movie and all, but that's a scene where a few easy tweaks, and it wouldn't be so bad in my mind.

I don't know. I'm curious to see where other people go with this (and if they can put into words what I mean by these scenes ;) ). Let's see what you guys think!

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Are we talking just ROTF or both movies? Because TF1 had some horrible dialogue.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Sam going to Robot Heaven took a little bit too much suspension of disbelief for my taste.

Also, the movie really didn't need Alice at all, IMO.

4. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I think the whole Sam going to "robot" heaven was a bit drastic. I wouldn't mind him dreaming more than anything. The dialogue was kinda weird. But uderstandable. I found Epps, and Lennox's roles downgraded. Which dissapointed me a little.

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, I hated the sam going to robot heaven scene, that was dumb. I didn't like anything about Alice either, I still don't get why she was even in the movie.

female transformers just aren't meant to be.

what else I didn't like was Epps, and how he kept going "I hope this little kid knows what he's doing" like he's a complete ass. I thought it made his character pretty poor this time around.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    In ROTF,
    Devastator got barely any screen time

In TF1,
    When the protoforms land, they left destruction, exccept Ironhide. The pool he landed in had no damage done to it.

7. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Really, what was the point of having Sam scold Bumblebee after he was crying for help like 2 seconds beforehand?

And in the first movie, why was it necessary to show that one stewardess eating the ding dong off of the floor?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only truely bad scene I saw was when Wheelie humped Mikaela's leg.

I love the movies, I think they're great and can appreciate their aloof sense of humour, but that was just fucking gross.

9. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Was that a sex joke?

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This. The scene with her trying to "make out" with Sam in order to try and get the Allspark's info out of his mind really creeps me out and as a whole I saw no need for her at all.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Bumblebee scolding.

Robot heaven.

At least half of the Egypt scenes that didn't involve the battle.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Something that always sticks out to me is the scene where NEST is flying to Egypt. They show the planes (exterior shot) rolling to about a 45% angle, then cut to an interior shot where everyone is just walking around. Then when Lennox is tossing Galloway out of the plane, it's a funny scene, but Optimus' body should be clearly visible behind them, and it's not.

13. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id have to go with the whole Sams mom getting high and running around doing stupid things, thats about the only scene i didnt like in the movie.

For a movie that felt like a lot was edited out, that should have been edited out.

14. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Simmon's arse!!!! who's decision was this!

16. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

Jetfire farting,I dislike that scene the most.

17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF1: The 'when have you ever had to sacrifice anything..." line from Mikaela. They never went anywhere with that, and it sounded so forced, I cringe everytime I hear it.

ROTF: The railgun. Seriously, they might as well just put a picture of that in the dictionary under "Deus Ex Machina" :lol 

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I love all the scorn for the so-called "Robot Heaven" scene; because there's clearly NO way that a human
    -with the Allspark (you know, that mystical thing that creates and restores LIFE) downloaded into his mind
    -who is also in posession of the Matrix (you know, that mystical thing that activates the machine that POWERS the aforementioned Allspark)
    could possibly be contacted in a deathbed vision by the first Transformers ever in a way that his mind could interpret and make sense of.

If I was to pick a scene that bugs me, it'd be the one where Wheelie identifies the Seekers; purely because the photos on the table and in Sam's hands constantly change.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Really, the only scene I honestly don't like is Sam's mom going on the brownie trip at the college. It's the only scene out of the two movies that made me feel embarassed.

Also any scene where it's obvious they reused or rewound footage to use as new annoyed me.

Besides that, everything else was fine.

20. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I hate how they say "closest ones in Washington", and wheelie doesnt even point to DC on that map. and the whole fact that none of that was the smithsonian air and space museum in any way....