A note of thanks...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trebleshot, Oct 19, 2007.

1. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    ...to Renee, for a thoughtful and unexpected gift.

On Wednesday, my mom called me on my way in to work and asked if I had already bought the TF DVD, which I told her I had and that I had bought it at Target the day it came out.

Then she told me that her co-worker Renee (who I met before, but only briefly) had bought the Best Buy version for me. My mom then said we'd talk about it later, so I hung up and didn't think about it again until I went to visit my folks last night.

Apparently, Renee had seen that it was coming out and sent her daughter to Best Buy on Tuesday to get her a copy and one for me! The next day she asked my mom about it and my mom said "Knowing my son, he's already got it by now." So Renee asked my mom to call me right away and find out. After the phone call to me, Renee told my mom that I could just return the one I bought. My all-knowing mother said that I would probably want to keep both (which I do and will). Then my mom asked Renee how much she paid for it, so she could pay Renee back for the cost of the DVD. Renee looked at it and saw that the price tag was still on it, so she grabbed it from my mom, took the tag off and handed it back to my mom, saying "It's a gift."

Cut to last night, my mom comes on to the back patio where I'm talking to my dad and says cryptically, "I'm going to go ahead and give this to you now, rather than make you wait."

I didn't realize what she was talking about until she handed me the DVD set and explained the whole story.

So I just wanted to thank Renee for doing something like this. It was totally out of the blue and very much appreciated. I'll probably also send her a thank-you note through the post and an email as well. I may even send her the link to this thread.

Now I've got two dilemmas: One is what I should get for her now (or if I should get her anything) and the other is whether I want to open the other set or not.

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

DUDE what a nice person. Definately mail her a nice card. perhaps find out what she like and get her a little something to show her you really do appreciate that kind gesture. It takes a person of great character to be that considerate. what a nice woman.

3. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

nice lady...but, you DO know that multiple copies of the same DVD are identical, right? No wonderful surprises await you when you replace the Target-bought version with the bestbuy copy. It's a shame she didn't pick you up one of those metallic Ratchets for $15...I wasn't sure I needed another Ratchet, but the shiny version kicks serious ass.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm getting a vibe here. Is Renee at all attractive?

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Her daughter might be, I say go for it and then you can make her do all your early toy shopping like her mom had her do for the DVD.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    That was really nice...almost too nice...

7. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Yep, I think that too.l

8. trebleshot

News Credits:
    She is, and her daughter inherited her looks. Though it's been a few years since I have seen either of them. Last time I talked to her was at a party she threw for friends and co-workers. We talked about my Yin-Yang/Dragon tattoo and Asian culture. She's of Asian decent and very enthusiastic about her culture. So she was interested in the hows and whys of my tattoo.

But Renee's already married, with a daughter a few years younger than me. I'm also married, with a daughter. So it's definitely a no-go either way.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking more along the lines of the exclusive Robot Heroes versus the transforming case. I doubt I'll open both, since the actual DVDs are the same, but I do want to open one so I can actually watch the film and the extras. Or maybe I'll open both and put one on display with my TF collection while the other hangs out on the DVD rack.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Maybe you could get her a nice box of chocolates by way of a thank you? That usually goes down pretty well in my experience.

10. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Stuffed animals maybe or maybe a phone call would be nice.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Get her daughter pregnant and she can become a grandmother. It'll be the best gift ever.

12. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:

now there is an idea !!!!

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Or, these three words spring to mind: ménage à trois.

14. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

PM me for pointers.

15. trebleshot

News Credits:
    No thanks, I'm already past level 4.:thumb