A Nightmare On Elm Street-Spoilers

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tfan123, Apr 30, 2010.

1. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

I just got back from seeing this AWESOME movie, and i was impressed. I saw it with my dad, and cousin. They both said it was scarier than the original, which i will not see. The best parts are Kris' death, Dean's Death, and the ending. I give it a 10/10. The spoilers:

-The order in which the characters die is:
    Dean
    Kris
    Jesse
    The guy on the internet, Eric
    Freddy
    Nancy's Mom

-Nancy and Quinton are the last ones alive.

-The blonde, Kris, sees a little girl at Dean's funeral. It turns out its her as a kid. She sees Freddy's marks on her dress, and a hand reaches up from the ground and tugs on her leg.

-Before Freddy was killed, he was a gardner at the preschool where Dean, Kris, Quinton, Jesse, and Nancy went. He molested all of them, and they tell their parents the truth. In the future, Nancy thinks he's after them because they lied. But, she couldnt be more wrong

-Freddy kept naked pics of Nancy

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, so freddy is a child molester in this one? was he a sex offender in the original?

4. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, just a child murderer I believe.

5. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Yes, he is a molester in this one. And his favorite was the girl Nancy.

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Another movie the Critics will destroy while the general public loves. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

We saw this Wednesday night at a screening and it was pretty damn bad. The "teenagers" were all horribly stupid and portrayed poorly. It was not in the least bit scary (not that the originals were either once you were over 10 years old).

I do think I like the new Freddy a little better. While he keeps his wit, he is not joking around so much and is played more straight and menacing. But EVERY SINGLE SECOND that he is not on screen (which is about 90% of the movie) it is absolute fucking garbage.
    4/10.

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

So wait, you mean that Robert Englund is not in the new movie? Man I hate that! Coarse, he's probably an old fart by now anyway. Who is the new Freddy?

9. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Jackie Earl Haley is the new Freddy.

I saw it last night and actually liked it. It did have a different story but didn't bother me that much. The only thing that bothered me was the new Freddy look. His face was just not the same as the old one. It just didn't seem like him to me.
    SPOILER: How does Aaron Yeon get to be in both Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street remakes?

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I think some movies and TV shows should just be left alone. These remakes are taking away from the original classics. In my opinion, you can't make a remake without the original cast. It just doesn't work.

11. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two things that I really hate about movie remakes nowadays. Practically everything gory and full of blood is all cgi and you can easily tell that no effort went into the special effects. Next up is all the unlikeable, pretty people that star as the main characters that look like they came from an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. Seriously why is this such a stable nowadays? It really urks me that directors are like this.

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Saw it last night. It wasn't that bad unless you're one of those insufferable film and remake snobs. It pretty much everything the original film was, but filmed in 2009. The new Freddy takes some getting use to, but we've had the same actor playing him for the past 30 years. It's like getting use to the new Star Trek cast. I really liked the new origin and it really feels fleshed out, but like someone else said, it wasn't scary though I didn't expect it to be scary.

13. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

Robert Englund>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Life.

I'm a diehard Nightmare fan and I am a bit worried about seeing this one and walking out extremely angry. I will be very mad if they destroy my franchise (not that it hasn't already been destroyed but Robert alone still made it awesome, no matter how bad the actual movie was).

Best part ever in the first one was when Tina got owned and then showed up when Nancy fell asleep at school in the bodybag and got dragged down the hall. That was fucking creepy.

He was originally going to be a child molester, anyways, but it was changed because of some molestations that had been highly publicized at the time they were making the movie and they didn't want to exploit it so this is really not any different from what Freddy was originally intended to be portrayed as.

14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

They had 3 ways to go with the story (well really a lot more than that, but I mean without going too far away from the original), keep him as a child murderer, make him a child molester, and make him wrong accused (and subsequently murdered) of being a child molester.

To me, they chose the worst of those 3 and the one that makes the least amount of sense if you think about it. But really, that's not what kills the movie. It's just the stupid stupid people that fill all the roles except Freddy (though, I admit I it was kind of cool seeing the original April O'Neil actress show up as a doctor).

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I thought about it, and it makes sense. What didn't make sense was
    that all five of the teenagers couldn't remember being molested by Freddy.
    That was a little out there, but it was forgivable. Honestly, I would have LOVED for them to have made Freddy innocent. It would've been a great twist imo.

And this is any different from any Freddy movie, hell any slasher horror movie, ever? These types of films have NEVER had compelling or well thought out characters. They're stereotypical background fodder for the villain leads to torture or kill. Nothing more, nothing less.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Wow, Freddy is a motherfucker in this one.

Too bad it got a 15% on Rotten Tomatoes, almost saw it for Jackie Earle Haley.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should still see it. It is quite enjoyable, and Haley did a great job as Freddy. I enjoyed this one just as much as the original. Ignore critics and find out for yourself.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Maybe I'll hit up Redbox or Netflix when it comes to DVD.

19. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Does Freddy actually talk in this film?if so then did he have any memorable lines?

20. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

lol, uh, you should have read my post just before yours:

They didn't choose the worst of the three, they picked the one that was going to be the original story......

Not sure why people give a shit about reviews. Fuck the critics, go see movies for yourself. Everyone has their own opinions and no one else's opinion should have any influence at all. What they hate, you might love.

lol, of course he talks......not really anything memorable, though.