A New Transformers: Prime Book By IDW - Transformers Prime Volume 1

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Nov 5, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Laffa Taffa

Laffa Taffa Brawl

I can not wait for this show. Looks really good.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sniff sniff* Smells like screencap comic.

4. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

This show is basically my worst nightmare. Pushing the movie aesthetic into every aspect of the brand is NOT a good thing, in my opinion. Animated wasn't necessarily what I would've liked either, but it was better than what I've seen so far of Prime. At least those characters had character, and expressiveness. This whole "animated movie" aesthetic just ensures that I won't watch the show or buy any of the toys based on it. I guess I should be thankful for the lessening of the strain on my wallet, but I know that when the 3rd movie comes out and this is running concurrently, there's probably not going to be any products on the shelves at all for people who don't dig the Bayverse look. :( 

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Wonder if this is just really, really cheap for IDW to make (and then sucker people into buying), because, why would you pay for a non-moving version of something you can get for free?

6. Blazing optimus

Blazing optimus PSN: Skittles2009

OMG, i saw this at my barns' and noble a week or two ago. i forgot to take pics couse i thought it was released!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting. Still need to get the Graphic Novel, lol. Even if it is a screen-cap comic, I might get it.

Considering this here isn't slated for release till next March, you're probably thinking of the TFPrime graphic novel. This here seems to be something different.

TFP isn't movie aesthetic. I can't deny that the designs for Prime, Bee, and Megs have some movie influence, but they are still quite different from their movie counterparts.

So do these characters.

Actually there will be. TFP designs aren't "bayverse" in the slightest, so there's at least one option for those who don't like the movie designs. Also, while I can't confirm this, for all we know Generations might not stop when DotM starts up. Hasbro's stated that they plan for it to have a much longer run than either Classics or Universe had.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) You need better nightmares.
    2) This show, whatever else it looks like, does not look very much like the "Bayverse." The movie had a large influence on the design of OP and Bumblebee specifically, but virtually none on other characters such as Ratchet, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Megatron, and Starscream.

Watch, don't watch, get upset, whatever, I'm just a little tired of everything people don't like about the franchise being tossed off as "it's too movie." Pet peeve, I know.

9. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Member

It has nothing to do with bayformers, get over it, sheesh!

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    While I feel his post was completely off-topic, there's a good bit of movie style to be had in Prime. The theme song's a transparent sound-alike of 'Arrival to Earth', for crying out loud.

That said, no one likes a whiner, especially someone who whines in a rambling fashion, and especially not in a thread that isn't made for it. Dude's a newbie, but all newbies must learn the rules.

But anyway, yeah, this is totally a screenshot comic, whoop-de-doo. Why these keep getting made and why stores like Target keep carrying them I'll never, ever know.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Oh enough with the "Waa Waa Movie Waa" dreck.

I get you're new dude, but it's seriously become a huge annoyance of having to wade through the same whining we've been hearing since 2007 just to see what people who have actual opinions and thoughts have to say.

12. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    do you think the prequel comic thats out now will be included?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe it'll be like the first issue of the Arrival? An abridged version of the series opener that then goes on to be unique stories.

Or it could just be a screen-cap comic.

14. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    The show not even started yet! how come u can say it does have not character and what ever dude...!
    Please learn form animated series and especially bulkhead, everyone hated it when the posters are up.

whats wrong with bayverse I love the complex style transforming the toys
    And I love the simpleness of TF:A, simple but tricky