A new style of customization : megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vincymon, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I am new here, and someone advised me that the content of my previous thread, would be better received in this section, so.. here goes.

After watching many reveiws of the 2007 leader class megatron, I finally made up my mind that I could build a better figure. So this is what I set out to do.

By the time this is done, I gurantee;
    -the wingspan will be more impressive.
    -the wings will be more deminished in robot mode
    - the head will be completely hidden in jet mode

and the legs will actually transform in jet mode, so that they don't just hang under the wings !

wish me luck, this is my first pf such projects

when this is done, I am moving on to starscream;
    and after that, any other character that I feel is misrepresented by his toy.

I actually find this a lot more fun than drawing transformers or collecting the figures !

Attached Files:

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'll be interested to see the finished result! Just a head's up, the section for posts on custom figures is the Radicons area. It's apparently down for maintenance right now, but there's a lot of good things going on in there! You may be able to find a lot of good tips that could help you with your project! :thumb 

3. Vincymon

Wait a minute ? You mean this isn't the Radicons section ? **** ^ ! I thought I was sure of it this time.
    What is the radicons section anyway ? How do I find it ?

4. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

this kind of stuff is called papercraft. try and look up papercraft transformers using google. theres some good examples, in particular a g1 devastator. if you want to make it look pro-like, you need to use printed graphics and proper geometric folding and shit.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The others are correct: this thread does belong in Radicons, our place for Transformers (and non-Transformers) artwork. The focus of Radicons has been (and continues to be) custom action figures, specifically of the transforming nature.

While Radicons remains part of TFW2005.com, Radicons is actually a mini-site of TFW2005.com as of Feb 2008. Radicons is currently down undergoing some updates but will return soon :)  Stay tuned :) 

6. Vincymon

UPDATE on custom megatron

Thanks for the polite reception guys. I just want to get a quick update done.

UPDATE:

I'm currently building the legs. I'm done with the thighs, and am now building the lower legs. After that, I have to polish it off. By that, I mean add the gray peices. Then I build the nose cone for the jet mode.

The reason this is taking so long is because everything is built in 3 stages.
    1. wire frame
    2. muscle structure; yellow/ orange cardboard
    3. silver plating; where I add the silver peices ( gray card board )

So, as of now, the legs are unrecogniseable.
    However, I may be ready to post more pics by Tuesday, ..or Friday.

In the mean time, I've added a picture of the "arm cannon"

Attached Files:

7. Vincymon

Incompleted legs

Here's just a quick post of where I am at. There are some notes on the pictures, but just in case the writing is too small.

Of course you will notice that its not silvered out yet. That's because I am trying to build it in layers. The grey peices will be added onto the yellow cardboard. I use the yellow cardboard to build a frame-of-sorts.

"Points of articulation are circled in black."

And the knees will be double jointed.. it is necessary for the transformation. But the extra knee joint will be locked, or at least severely hinded, in robot mode.. in other words.. in robot mode, the kness will function normally.

I don't wanna give away the transformation so, I won't elaborate mode about that.

Attached Files:

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    wow, cool.. im very interested to see the finished one

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You had this same topic twice so this one has been locked. Also you will find your other Megatron topic in the Radicons customs forum where it belongs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.