A New Reason Why Primes a D!ck

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, he totally should've let Megatron have it so he could conquer the universe with its power.

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    he didnt have to my god are you guys blind just before he conects the parts to him before he rips out his spark there is that moment where they look at each other as to say this will be the last time we see each other and thank you ................

crap cant poeple read faceses

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:

Wow.

you guys don't need to take it so personal.

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    jazz death holding him like he did looking down on him thats a look of a loved one dieing also arcee he realy wasnt there..... demoleser he was pissed at him the fallen he showed his anger in his face agian and in the fallen face when he tore it of mawhahahaha sorry i love that scene

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    thing is most poeple have been complaining how movie prime is ruffliss when realy you just need to look closer pay atioton read into a little i meen yes micheal bay may not be cable of that sorta sentamentail but im sure the animators are and the writers

sorry if i seemed to be on the attack by the way i just take some scenes serously cause they had more in them that most poeple didnt notice they just watched the movie didnt think dureing it about it what was happening i do that for all movies

6. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

This ^^^^

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because you guys totally wouldn't be grossed out at wearing a dead old man coat no sir!

8. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Did...did he ^ just call me a dick? (I just now saw this thread)
    Subjects like this should be left alone and be laid to rest and never make it to the boards.

Here's the case-in-point:
    Nobody cares.
    AND-
    Never call Prime a dick again. If you're calling Prime a dick, you're calling me a dick. I love Optimus Prime, so back off.

9. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Yea, in a way, same here. I got a little dramatic.

10. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Wow, just the thought of that really IS gross. *wink*

11. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

TOP OF DA PAGE, MAAAA!

You see, writing a movie is hard work! We need to be more empathetic of the THREE PROFESSIONAL WRITERS who worked and toiled for all of two months.

Seriously. Because after two months, they turn their backs for a second, and Baymike snatches the thing and doodles in the rest. Done, print it, we all do shots off of Megan Fox's ribcage.

Ignored as he was, Moonracer has pointed out the unacknowledged reason behind the character-related complaints: they aren't written well because the movie isn't. They aren't characters. None of the so-called characters are; they're more like million-dollar cardboard standees that speak and move. Props. This is not one man's opinion- this is evidenced by the way the movie portrays them. They constantly contradict themselves in their actions. Half of the Autobot forces are pushed to the background in the final fight sequence. Prime is a cold-blooded murderer at one point and a saint the next.

The writers don't take care when they write for these characters, they don't keep their personalities and qualities consistent, and they don't ever explore the idea of giving them lessons to learn or any kind of meaningful development. I want to get to know them. I don't just want to see giant robots smacking the discharge out of each other. I want to see giant robots who come from two decades of character development in several continuities. I want to see the director acknowledge where all of this comes from.

But he doesn't. "Stupid toy movie," remember? His opinion hasn't changed because of the money that's been rolling in. THIS is the problem: we get Dickimus Prime and his uninteresting band of metal monstrosities because the movie staff JUST DOESN'T CARE ENOUGH TO TRY.

Scrap the writers. Scrap the director. Bring in a few of the writing staff who work on the Transformers comics and a new director who will try to go above and beyond his source material. That's all I ask and I bet, I'LL JUST BET, that the people who are fine with how the movies are now will LOVE the improvements I'm suggesting and want to add the third to the top of their DVD collection.

Now someone tell me I'm a hater/elitist and that I can't share my opinion.
    [​IMG]

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Y'know, i don't recall hearing a verbal agreement from Optimus for Jetfire's parts to be bonded to him. I don't think he had much say in the matter when Ratchet ordered Jolt to "Transplant those afterburners!". Maybe the reason Optimus shook off some of Jetfire's armour was that he simply didn't want to remain bonded to a dead bot's body-parts longer than was necessary. He did the deed and killed the Fallen, so it was bye-bye dead-bot armour right after.

Alternatively, the Jetfire armour did seem easily removed. The Fallen tore off one of Jet-Optimus's wings, so the other one probably also had to come off after the battle to stop Optimus from being unbalanced on one side.

14. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I WISH Michael Bay were fictional.

15. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

lolwut, wtf?

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're kidding me, right? Like seriously?

Anywho, I doubt the armour was very comfortable, seeing as it was half-destroyed. He looked more like he was just glad the battle was over, and was happy to lay down arms for once.

17. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're a hater/elitist and you can't share your opinion. :wink: 

In all seriousness, I think that YOU need to be more empathetic of the three professional writers who RIGHTFULLY decided to join in the WGA strike and, when that ended, were rushed along every step of the way because the script wasn't done and the director and crew had already started filming because the film was being rushed into production in desperation of getting some of that sweet, sweet Transformers merchandizing cash. If the writers had had more time, I GUARANTEE that the dialogue and characters would have come out "better". And, (just out of curiosity), how would you have made the personalities and screentime of the robots more memorable (TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE LIMITATIONS POSED BY THE MASSIVE COST OF THE CGI RENDERING OF EVEN A MINUTE OF ROBOT FOOTAGE)?

Everyone is entitled to share their opinion without being labeled. I respect your opinion, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that I have to agree with it.

And, regarding the actual topic of this thread, you guys are reading WAY too much into the scene. Has anyone even considered that Prime and Jetfire (what with Jetfire's mission being from long ago and all) may not have even met before?

18. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Maby it was payback for what the humans did to optimus when he was dead, droping him from an airplane, but he shouldnt have taken it out on Jetfire

19. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Yeah!

I'd wear an old man's corpse any day!

Does that make me a dick?

20. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

people remember that it,s a bay moive... i think that allot will change in tf3 ... one of which (i hope) no dog humping... and also remember how prime was dropped when he was dead into the concrete runway.... i think we need to remember that THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN about robot emotions or well-being .... only humans matter... like if we were the center of it all and that the universe revolves around us... i truly hope for a reboot in a near future for transformers by someone who gives a damn about transformers while a the same time want to make money honestly and not tarnish one of the greatest (and profitable) mythology....

just my 2 cents...