A New Reason Why Primes a D!ck

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    ok so i was thinking of how badass prime looked when he is walking away from the pyramids after killing the fallen.

i loved how awesome he looked just discarding his armor like he was all badass.

then i really thought about it........

he just drops it off like it was a crap from last tuesday.

i know there wasnt much he could do but he didnt have to just let it fall to the ground......

they just kinda shrugged off that one of there oldest wisest soldiers died.

not even optimus holding his parts like he did jazz

i dont even remember a thank you.

its like seeing ur distant cousin dead on the ground picking him up, stealing his wallet, and throwing him back down

anyone else think it was kind of a dick move?

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    YEP, one of the most disturbing character moments in the movie....which is saying something

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    A bit sensitive, no ?

Afaik... last time Prime saw Jetfire, Jetfire was still a Decepticon gone AWOL.

I'm sure Prime was thankful...but why should he honour Jetfire, who only makes the conscious choice to help the Autobots after so many years ? Where was Jetfire when the Autobots needed him to preserve Cybertron ?

4. cnic

cnic Decepticon

While being able to express emotions as we humans do, I think the TF's are more less to show them when a fellow comrade dies in battle. I guess sort of like"Well he died in battle and was a brave warrior" type of thing. It could also be that Prime had just met him and did not have an emotional bond with him. I mean afterall, Jetfire WAS a Decepticon.

5. Tm Tarantulas

News Credits:
    true he was a decepticon, but he saved prime and the rest of earth. seems like that would be a reason to honor him.

before he combined with jetfire, prime was weak as hell if not for him the fallen would have succeeded in destroying the earth.

and even when comrades die on the battle field the attitude shouldnt be "bummer" and then get on with ur life. u are supposed to feel sorrow or something

6. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    you cant be serious -_-

7. knoted

News Credits:
    Thank Bay & the writers.... the emphasis of Prime's revival is Sam's effort (running amidst the explosions with the Matrix of Leadership powder). The first half of the whole desert scene is Sam's shining moment of being Prime's saviour :bay  i.e. they didn't want Jetfire steal Sam's thunder, so to say.

8. cnic

cnic Decepticon

This is true but the movie would have been 4 hours long if they stopped to show regret or remorse for everyone that dies in it.:D 

9. Tm Tarantulas

News Credits:
    different tho with jetfire. there wouldnt of been a movie without him. he was the only important person to die

10. knoted

News Credits:
    ugh... it's still not about Jetfire... it's all about the Sam - Prime relationship.

That's the main thing in this movie ..Sam basically personifies mankind & TF alliance. Sam basically 'dies' while trying to save Prime and sees how their fate's are intertwined (in the TF heaven dream). More time for Jetfire would take away from that moment. They still push that human element as at least 50% of the plot.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And to thank Sam for saving his life, Prime still calls him 'boy' once he's revived. Yeah, movie Prime is a dick.

12. Tm Tarantulas

News Credits:
    the first 100% g1 homage

13. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    maybe if I actually felt any connection to at least one character in the whole movie, I'd give a shit if they died or not.

14. shockwave99

shockwave99 New Member

You're reaching on this one. He's a giant robot. That's a general term he uses to refer to Sam. He did the same thing in the first movie. When Megatron smashed the church or whatever when Sam refused to give him the Allspark when Prime caught him he said "I got you boy." It's more or less a term of endearment.

15. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never mind that the only reason it was attached for the most part was because it was stuck on via a third party magnetic force. I'm impressed the armor didn't fall off sooner.

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Yeah, but Megatron called him boy too, didn't he? i'm just sayin' for the lulz' sake. replace that line with darlin' and see how menacing that line is.

17. knoted

News Credits:
    Movie Prime is perfectly fine.

At least he's no emo care bear.

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Most of it was damaged. And besides, not like he can transform back into his Peterbiltmode with SR71 Blackbird parts all over him..

19. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

Optimus, being a mighty robot, can forget the sacfrices of elders far faster than inferior humans.
    and as us, being a squishy flesh being, can never understand the questionable actions of intergalactic robots.

20. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Prime could transform back into a cool Peterbuilt with a cool trailer.
    What all what ever the oldest transformers were. They were more capable, had more abilities, greater strength & speed etc. V.s the later transformers.
    It was a lousy move to have Prime dump the arm cannon and external amour etc. The jet engines were bulky and could have been left as part of a trailer when not required.