Customs: A new pinstriping method??? maybe!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Dec 4, 2009.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys,so as I'm working on my custom prime :) redface2: still) Ive been looking for a way to be able to pinstripe the flames well.So I started searching google for something.. anything... ANYTHING??? HA! there's something! I saw on another website that someone was asking about pinstipring, and one of the replies was to glue 2 new #11 xacto blades together perfectly parallel together with breaking one of the blades tangs off so that it could still be chucked into your blade holder. mask your area to be pinstriped off with I'm guessing a clear masking of sorts, and run your new double bladed knife around your stuff. I thought it was a neat idea, so I pulled my blades out, and without gluing them together I lined them up, and ran them over a piece of car stock, like an idex card or something, and it works beautifully! Once i get this stupid thing finished up with REpainting it, I'm going to try and use this new found technique and see where it gets me. For those of you that are faster with these repaints, and if you're going to paint up another prime, try this out and see if it does anything good for ya. Here's the link to where I found the tip pinstriping? - Scale Auto Community

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's a pretty awesome idea! When you get around to doing it for yourself, be sure to update this thread with some photos! We can add it to the tutorials section upon completion. Thanks for sharing! :thumb 

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol , at this point it's IF i get around to it. But, I'm pretty well determined, so if I do get around to this, then yea, I'll have problems I'll definitely take some photos of the process.