A new lease on life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarngold, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    Ive been away for about a month on the boards(well, not really, but checking in now and again) mostly due to a null state that ive been in. Its hard to describe just how it felt, but i really needed it. Ive gone through quite alot of shit lately and i guess its time to spill the beans since im really trying here, and it will only help the transition, so here goes:

My life so far has been dissapointing and depressing, i could go into all the details, but that would take forever, and i dont want to open the book that far, so lets just stick with that one statement.

Ive been confused for the longest time about who i am and what i think about things in general. You have the blacks and the whites, but im just one big area of grey.

Career wise i still have no clue what im going to do. My education is seriously lax and i would probably need to read all the books again just to brush up. I'm 1.5 credits away from a basic arts degree, but that and 1.25 will get me a cup of coffee.

Ive been painstakingly trying to get a job out where i live now since i moved out of my parents place, and just got one(its always the last place you apply to....). I get more hours, but no real solid schedule, which is a bit dissapointing, because i cant plan anything to keep my rituals going, so ill have to plan week by week as the schedule comes.

On top of all that i have a daughter, which is great and all but if i decide to go with any certain careers, she will be a factor, because if i have to move away for it, it would be extremely hard on me emotionally.

So, thats my life right now. The time i spent thinking really put things in perspective though. Im not as afraid to move forward as i once was, and im ready to make a genuine effort to make the most of life. I find alot of people focus in the here and now, but i like to think of the future, and what id like to experience before i die. Im still young but i find that thinking this way really makes life more fufilling.

Thanks for listening!

Tarngold

PS: i know a few people on here are wondering about deals i made before my dissapearing act, but ill be in contact soon, with PICTURES!!!

2. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, I'm glad that things turned around for you man. I hope things turned out for the better between you and that roomate of yours, if he still lives there.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was like you, living aimlessly in life with no set goals and direction. Hell I was in a dead end job with lousy pay for close to 4 years, that I could easily walk away at any time but was afraid of the unknown. Now I am married and found a job that I like and with decent pay. Just don't give up hope and live for yourself and your daughter. Find the inspiration in your kid and never quit. Go watch The Pursue of Happyness for some more inspiration. :) 

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I had the same problem too...I was pretty aimless in life. Did a couple of various jobs. I believe there must be some amount of passion in the work that one does.

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

My best friend was a short order cook for over a decade. Guy's fairly smart, but he screwed up HS by 1 credit (long story, but one I share with all my students) and went for his GED instead. Partied too much, fucked up community college and never got his Associates. That made it impossible for him to be promoted to management, even though he knew how to run a kitchen better than most. Got married at 21, had a kid 9 months later. Turned out the wife was a lying whore (a master at it, at that) and got divorced within 2 years which absolutely ruined him emotionally. Health went in the shitter. Paid child support in cash, never got a receipt. Just as he was getting out of dept, wife sent the state after him for the child support he'd paid. Got a $4 check for working an 80 hour week. Finally I said something to him (wish I knew what) that got him to get off his ass. Got a Microsoft certification and, after bouncing around a bit, has a computer job on Wall Street, making 3 or 4 times what he used to.

I figure if he could get his life together, anyone can. Good luck Tarngold.