A new kind of of 3rd party thread, What items do we "Need"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Nov 12, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

What items do you as collectors believe "need" to be made (that have not been yet) to revitalize older figures that sit around and hardly sell due to being constantly listed as "Incomplete?" get some old favorites and lost gems circulating more often on the second hand market.

I was thinking about the whole 3rd party situation, 600 dollar devastators, 50 dollar scouts, I thought, well, that's all well and cool, but there are things that we "need." I will start off the list with (not in order of need, in order of presentation) Energon supreme class Omega Supreme/Sentinel headmasters. (which I was informed are made by Darkov here on the boards) There have been some G1 heads done and everybody loved them. :thumb  Then I look around at other similar issues and there are how many bodies of Energon Omega Supreme and Sentinel's just sitting around forgotten because they have no heads, I would bet if we could get a fresh supply of these heads folks could get a lot more of these awesome toys moving around the fandom to new waiting homes.

I recently got my first Energon Omega Sentinel after passing them up in a local meijers in the days of Energon for 30 dollars a pop, and yes I kick myself daily for that. It is a fantastic mold full of play value and awesome

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I will always say this because I seem to be in the minority about the Classics Inferno and Grapple.

A simple red box (no front or top) that connects in to the neck and boxes the head like the G1 figures have. Inferno would need the white wings and gun and Grapple's would be a plain yellow box.

I think this would be a simple and inexpensive set to make and sell. Heck even add the laser hand (steal it from the iGear set) to complete the set so that Grapple may have his laser hand too.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Completely agreed. They'd be damned near perfection with the neck braces. O've wanted this since I'/ve owned them.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. I have been putting this idea out every time these types of threads pop up. I am surprised no one stole it yet. PLEASE SOMEONE STEAL MY IDEA.

iGear is still in the market of upgrade pieces (the new weapons set) so they should do this as well. If they did do it they wouldn't even have to steal that laser hand cuz it is already theirs lol.

Imagine they do it and for $15 with free shipping. Bought in a heart beat, and I am sure it will sell out ultra quick. This is not a gun upgrade this is a simple upgrade that will make figures the majority love even better.

5. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    My list of 3rd party wants that haven't been announced or done:

1. MP Shockwave

2. MP Dinobots (excluding Grimlock)

3. MP scale Insecticons

4. MP scale Trailbreaker

5. Scout/Small Deluxe size Minibots from season 1

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Good idea, and I won't lie, the aim of a thread of this nature is I hope someone who knows someone spreads the word we can see some of these things come to fruition.

Not looking for "Wants" looking for needs, items needed to get some more older products new life, get some of the old collectors items moving again :D 

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

-G1 Sentinel Prime (either the Marvel design or the IDW look)
    -Voyager scale DOTM Sentinel Prime sword and shield
    -a reissue of the 3rd party G1 Rifle for Classics Prime
    -Rack N Ruin
    -Devcon

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hips for Omega Supreme to make his legs articulated.

9. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is this thousand dollar devastator? If you mean TFC that's a bit much you may be paying? For a start mine will have cost around 400-450 dollars ordered direct from china.

But as for "need" a trail breaker would be nice not a redesign of something already made if that makes sense. Toy companies should deffinately explore area not covered by current toys but fill in gaps that hasbro has left out.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I'd like a set of thrusters, a buzzsaw, and a missile launcher for RoTF Voyager Starscream.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'll second a Trailbreaker.

12. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be a nice add on kit!

13. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A HeadMaster partner for ROTF Mindwipe. Ideally, I'd love to see the HeadMaster turn into a bat in homage of his G1 form. Come on, Head Robots! You guys could sell the heck outta that!

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Are we talking MP or Classics here?

You just came up with idea that would probably end up being Head Robots best seller.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

A decent Galvatron. How we haven't got one of these in the past...well ever, is beyond me in this day and age. One of the biggest characters in Transformers history and all we've got to show for it is the crappy mess of the Universe deluxe.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Bar No.4 You read my mind! If this happened my collection would be complete and I would be a very happy man. Add MP sized Frenzy/Rumble to go with that 3P MP Soundwave and it'd be beyond awesome.

I'm sure you'll be happy when MP Galavatron hits.

17. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

Proper nullrays for classics seeker jets. I was really hoping megavolt robot factory, after releasing the deluxe coronation kit, would sell the nullrays seperate, so you could paint them to match whatever seeker you wanted to be more cartoon accurate

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the amount of completely random and uber fanwank items some third parties have made so far, I'm surprised no one has tackled the training droid that Hot Rod sparred with from TFTM yet.

I still think Hasbro is going to give us official versions of Trailbreaker, Hoist, Shockwave, etc. via the Classics-verse, so I'm not voting for characters like that. Even "missing Masterpieces" like Soundwave, Shockwave, etc... I simply don't have the confidence that any third party would do them up to snuff of the Takara versions. Big figures, yes. But not true Masterpieces.

I'm all for more add-on kits like 'head wings' for Grapple and whatever, but only as long as they can also store in alt mode.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The energon omega head is made by darkov in radicons, think it's 20, we need a liokaiser lol

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Only thing I would probably buy from a third party would be more weapons and I need Quintessons.