A Movieverse Headmaster idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bumblethumper, Nov 3, 2009.

?

What do you make of this idea?

1. Interesting

34 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. Stupid

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Here's an idea that just popped into my head:

Okay, how about this, so you have some movieverse Decepticon. He grabs his head, and there's some clicks and whirrs and next thing you know the headless decepticon is setting his head down on the ground.

Of course in the process the head has unfolded into a humanoid bot. It assumes human form, either as a hologram, or via the pretender idea from ROTF. The main bot transforms to alt mode and the 'human' becomes a decepticon spy to infiltrate the Whitehouse or the military or something.

Or you could do it in reverse. They're chasing down one of those pretender bots, but when it gets outside there's a vehicle transforming and the pretender jumps up and the headless bot catches and attaches it.

And then later, well maybe there's a few of these guys. But anyway the thing about a Headmaster is he's much more vulnerable when detached from the main body. So maybe some of the army guys are actually able to capture one of them and kill it. But in the meantime, the main body has transformed. And it's sort of running around bumping into things like a headless chicken.

Thoughts?

2. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you mean something like Frenzy being his own headmaster in TFTM?

3. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    You could even say that. He kinda was. Hasbro missed a toy opportunity there.

Anyway, I know some people aren't big into these gimmicks, but the way I see it for the movies to work you have to keep things on a human level. I think the human cast play a role in these films' success, and you have to find ways to keep them relevant.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

thats a pretty neat idea

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i like that......bring it on

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

And a headless TF breaking things and stumbling around sounds like Bay's style!

What? I had to say it :p 

Very cool idea though. I like the premise a lot, and I'm curious to see what 'gimmicks' show up in TF3.

7. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    ... but wait, there's more(now this might be a bit too hokey):

so maybe after the headless bot falls over, they ship it to NEST or some of those Sector 7 guys. And they rig up some sort of human command unit for it. I dunno why, but I think it'd be funny to see what'd happen if Simmons took control of a transformer body.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont like teh idea of headmasters, this is something i dotn want to see in the movies

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'd watch it.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Optimus attack a Decepticon Headmaster, not knowing what it actually was.

As with Movie Prime's trend, he goes for the enemy's head! Only to lob it off with his blades and have the thing go flying off and transform mid-air! Shocked, Optimus tries to bat it with his blades, but the nimble little head robot grabs hold of Prime's weapon, and scurries up his arm, only to then poke him in the eye! Prime stumbles back, trying to pull the little creature from his face as the body of the Decepticon Headmaster runs forward and punches Prime in the gut. Optimus keels forward in pain as the Decepticon Headmaster's main body grabs hold of it's own head and wiggles it back on. Whirs and clicks sound as the Decepticon reassembles itself, moving it's neck to ensure the connection. It looks down on a winded Prime and says "Bonecrusher, Demolishor, Grindor, The Fallen, and Megatron himself. This time Optimus, we thought "a-head!" *laughs*!"

The end.:lolol 

11. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Interesting idea. I didn't like Headmasters, found them stupid. But you handle this idea well. Would love to see something like that in the movie.

12. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Not sure if that's a good idea...might cause the universe to implode from awesomeness overflow.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love it.

I've always speculated Sam and Bumblebee would become Headmasters myself.

14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, it sounds a little like the Headmaster from Transformers Animated, what with the humanoid part.

I'm not saying that your idea is stupid (probably sounds a little more original), it just seems like it would do better justice in fanfiction. Sorry, but you wanted my honest opinion right?

jD001

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just want to see two Headmasters grab each other to grapple and then their heads transform into little squealing robots and they start fighting on the shoulders of their two larger robot bodies.

Hmm... maybe for movie three the Decepticons should steal Optimus Prime's head. Gotta be something special about The Last Prime, and moreso his head.

16. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    well, both are derived from the G1 headmaster idea. I always found the storyline with the Nebulons a bit silly. I enjoyed the toys, but the idea of a guy curled up with his head stuck in a robot and his butt in the air wouldn't work in a movie.

I find it more acceptable that the head transform to a smaller robot, the actual consciousness of the bigger robot. The idea of humans taking control of the big robot after the robot head is destroyed, that's not the key idea here, it's more of an outgrowth of it.

I didn't really like the headmaster concept in Animated. I thought it was well executed and the episodes were fun, but it bothered me that they just chop off the different heads. It makes more sense to me if the particular robot already functions that way.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't really care. If fine with them being there or not. Though, preferably not.

18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I don't necessarily mean for TF3, like most of these 'idea' threads. It's really only a good idea if it fits with the overall storyline they're working on.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

it good idea - tf movieverse have tagetmasters, powermasters, too in live action

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I like Headmasters. I'm all for it.