A movie outline to make in enjoyable as possible

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iconscons, Jul 4, 2009.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

The purpose of this is to try to outline the movie as a reference. I try to answer some of the most common questions, especially the why's. This also assumes you've seen the movies, can know what I'm referring to on occasion, and know some other basic non-controversial, non-confusing facts.

This is meant to increase enjoyment. Reasons given are an attempt to be "plausible" even if not probable. Meaning "this character probably shouldn't have done X, but one can imagine that they might anyway."

I actually hope for not much discussion as I'm not trying to advocate or condemn (there are plenty of threads for that). Like I said, this is a reference (with my interpretation/speculation and some commentary) to aid in the enjoyment of the movie.

The fallen wanted to take the suns energy despite being "against the rules". He has an army, as does the other Primes. The fallen (or his army, or both) are more powerful so the Primes attempt to stop any use of star-harvesters by hiding the Matrix of Leadership. I have no plausible explanation why they use their own bodies. Perhaps it's called the matrix of leadership because only primes can use it. The fallen plausibly takes his army off earth (not knowing where the matrix is) and the humans eventually cover the harvester with a pyramid.

Energon becomes scarce...the transformer population decline in number. The Fallen wants to increase his army but needs energon to do so. The cube knows where the Matrix is and is fought over for ages. Obviously it ends up on earth (see 1st movie). Over time The Fallen sends seekers everywhere to find it. Seekers, being somewhat ancient as well, know cybertronian and likely have powers (space bridge) that todays transformers do not. This notion of ancient beings that are more powerful is common to some fantasies and is plausible. Obviously they never find it. Megatron eventually goes after it as well (1st movie) But much later. Also because The Fallen is ancient, and still leads the decepticons it is plausible he knows much more about the matrix/energon cube and their functions. And by extension the deceptions he leads know their functions more so than the autobots. This will come into play later.

1st movie happens
    Any explanation for people being suckered into not knowing about transformers is implausible. So I choose to believe that many still do, such as Leo

The whole scene with kitchen bots happens. Sam gives the all-spark-sliver to Mikela. Wheelie sees this. Two possibilities. 1) The decepticons have had Wheelie "keeping an eye on sam" since he was a big part of the cube shenanigans from movie (2007) or 2) the activation of the cube-sliver is somehow detected by soundwave/somebody and wheelie is quickly sent to investigate. Take your pick. Neither seem totally insane

Soundwave discovers where Megatron and the larger cube fragment are by eaves dropping on the convo between Prime and assorted military people.

Sam arrives at college. We see Alice. The deceptions know about the sliver from Sams house (from wheelie). It is reasonable to believe that wheelie tails Mikela, while Alice now is sent to tail Sam. Perhaps an allout assault wouldn't provide good odds of finding the sliver...more likely just get the people killed who know where it is. An important point about Alice will come up in a moment.

Ravage steals the larger cube fragment.

Sam goes to that party, and Alice sees him make a cybertronian symbol from cake frosting. This is important. Now the deceptions know that sam actually has cube-information uploaded into his head. This will promptly make him the primary target so the deceptions can find out where the matrix is. Only now does Alice even bother speaking to sam, rather than just observing from the background.

BB gets Sam, and Alice hops a ride. BB doesn't want sam cheating and attempts to get rid of her I'm sorry, but the notion that BB knows she's a deception and never menions it, and lets her go is kinda insane. Let us assume from here in that transformers cannot "tell" other transformers by some sixth sense

Sam basically tells prime he won't be an ambassador.
    Ravage meets up with some constructions on a ship. They know the cube can revive Megatron remember the fallen is more aware of the cubes abilities than autobots, due to being ancient and all. Megatron gets revived. 5 signals or six...who cares. Either they can detect the tiny doctor, or it's a goof that can be overlooked.

Megatron and the Fallen have a conversation, confirming that the Fallen knows sam contains knowledge from the cube, and restating the need for energon (since the baby-cons keep dying).

Why does the Fallen not come to earth? Only a prime can kill the fallen, so he'll have henchmen do it. Why can only a prime kill the fallen? It seems pretty easy at the final battle? Perhaps Primes have some innate property such that The Fallens "super powers" (levitation and other things used against tanks/rocks/helicopters) won't work.

Freak-out in the Astronomy class. Mikela captures wheelie who is still trying to snag that fragment on Soundwaves/Fallens orders ever since the kitchen bots incident. Mikela flies out to get to Sam.

Military detects deceptions signals in the east (They're coming to capture Sam). Autobots start moving to the east.

Alice gets Sam alone where she tries to probe his brain. Mikela shows up. Eventually Sam/Mikela/Leo crush Alice with a car, only to get captured by Megatron and company. The doctor gets some info but says he needs to get at Sams brain to get the job done. The autobots crash the party before all the matrixy-good information can be gotten from Sam.

Prime briefly escapes with Sam, only to get killed in the forest scene. The other autobots quickly join allowing Sam to escape with BB and the twins.
    We are running under the assumption that only the cons know the cube could revive dead transformers (explained earlier). Now, why does BB and the twins hide out in some shanty town, rather than go back with the others. I can only speculate they feel he would be safer in some random location than somewhere the cons would know where to find them (even if it's heavily defended)

The deceptions have had enough and post a threat to the world to get them to hand over sam (since they can't find him). Soundwave calls the parents to find him, which goes no where.

The military more-or-less jail the remaining autobots upon arriving back at base. They are pretty much tied down in their vehicle modes until later. It's reasonable to assume autobots would submit rather than just kill the humans.

Lots of decepticons enter earths atmosphere (most having constructicon configurations) including the fallen who no longer must worry about a Prime. One of them capture sams parents in France. They are eventually brought to Egypt later in the movie as a potential bargaining chip.

Sam, Leo, Mikela go to see Simmons. Simmons can't help, but Wheelie sees pictures of seekers How he knows they're seekers? Maybe he's aware of their alt modes through the years...they are deceptions. This is weak, but is at least backed up by the fact he knows jetfire by sight later.

They find jetfire, who catches the humans up with all the knowledge they don't have yet, including that the matrix might revive prime. They go to egypt. Elude some cops. Call the military to get them to drop OP in that little town, while they drive off to Daggers Tip. How jetfire is such a modern jet is too hard for me to justify

The military transports all the Autobots (under nets) to Egypt and trick that dumb-ass to jump off the plane. (clearly some trickery was done here by the military so they could pull this off against presidential orders). This is not explained.

Sam gets matrix dust. They drive back to that little egyptian town where they called for the OP airdrop. Along the way they get barraged by starscream. Realizing they can't just keep driving while getting shot at by starscream, Sam decides they should split up. We can somewhat justify this as plausible since Starscream (who is making a u-turn off in the distance) will likely follow/shoot at BB or the twins, not realizing sam isn't in there.

Starscream EMP's radio communications. We next see him talking to Megatron on a pyramid top after seeing Primes body in the city.

Sam eventually makes it to the outskirts of the town on foot, where he is discovered hiding in a building but narrowly escapes, only to be drawn in by rampage ejecting his parents. Rampage is then killed by BB, and Sam orders BB to take his parents to safety. (all this time the military has been in a firefight with tons of decepticons, and the twins have been fighting Devastator with no lasting success other than their survival).

Simmons finds an injured helicopter crew (after escaping devastator) and gets a radio. He eventually calls into the ship the chopper came from, and arranges for the giant cannon to take out devastator (but not before devastator clears away enough of the pyramid to expose the star-harvester).

Despite the decepticons best efforts, Sam gets to Prime, although a Sam is sort of killed by the blast radius of a megatron shot. He then has a vision either from the matrix, or the cube upload awakens, and finds the matrix reformed. The notion of the matrix having super-natural properties is pretty much standard transformers lure, so I see no need to lose this suspension of disbelief after 25 years of having it.

Prime gets revived, but is kinda damaged. The Fallen steals the Matrix and starts up the harvester. Jetfire finally makes his appearance, but it's short lived. Gives his parts to prime. The manner in which they join is pretty ridiculous and cannot be plausible. And why is prime so powerful now? Perhaps seekers being ancient have some cooler properties buffing up prime more than expected...also, Megatron has been pretty f'd up by the military up until this point, and if we still go by my assumption that the Fallens more super-type powers don't work on Primes, then... Prime defeats a weakened megatron, and the Fallen and destroys/damages the harvester.

Roll Credits.

I hope this was helpful.

2. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Possibly improbable. The military was well aware after the first movie the information gathering capabilities of the decepticons, and likely would not speak openly about the location of the highly classified cube fragment through satellite communication channels. No one knew of Sector 7, until they made thier presence known, likely the location of the remaining shard would be kept just as secret.

3. iconscons

This isn't speculation. The movie shows soundwave eavesdropping in on the communication. If you think that's stupid, then fine...but it's what happened in the movie.

4. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

The movie also informs of the coverup at mission city/L.A. from the first film as well as the coverup over the China incident...You chose to to ignore those. I'm just pointing out something else that could be implausable.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    your a tad off with this The primes had no problems with using the sun harvestors on worlds/solar systems with no sentient life forms but they found ancient man on earth and it was against there rules to use the sun harvestor there but the fallen wanted to use it anyway and had to be stopped

6. iconscons

I said that any explanation (including what they gave) is kinda implausible regarding mission city/la cover up. If you think I should add a line, write it and PM it to me, and I'll stick it in.

The whole shanghai thing really didn't have anything story wise, it just was a quick intro for some new bots and some action, and isn't needed in an outline.

Yes, I'm aware. As is everyone. So I didn't mention it. I said "against the rules". Obviously the thing had a purpose.

7. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Your efforts are appreciated, but it still doesn't make the story plausible, coherent, or good.

8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Most of your questions/comments are easily explained or based on poor understanding or faulty logic or assumptions.

9. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Almost sci-fi, fantasy, horror, or action movies can be picked apart like this, but then you just wind up being like this guy:

[​IMG]

Just relax and enjoy the ride.

10. iconscons

Your comment helps no one. Keep it to yourself. This thread is to help, not complain.

Don't feed

11. misterd

Such as...?

12. misterd

Too late.