A most ridiculous plan - CW GaoGaiGar

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Silverscar, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Dude. This is fucking wicked. I’m so excited on where you go with this. Good luck.

2. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thank you - shame my time and budget is kinda making it difficult ^^;

• Like Like x 1
  3. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Nah man it’s completely understandable. This is a big project. Just keep it cool.

4. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

There is a KO oversized titan master which is a voyager sized head, KOs are for skullcruncher, brainstorm, and hardhead. Here is a comparison of hardhead headmaster with Sky lynx.
    These KOs are available at sirtoys or on aliexpress.
    Weijiang Diehard Champsosaurs Zhuge Fighter OS Titans Returns Skullcruncher Hardhead & Brainstorm Transformation Action Figure -in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    IMG_20180923_162748.jpg IMG20170622221913_WJ_Headmaster_OS_Skullcruncher.jpg

Original Leo dux's mane folds in to tuck behind his head, Neoart KO has same functionality.
    On the cheap KO, the mane is a solid piece, but some people have customized it to be foldable.
    e.g. here is @gen1autobot 's mod for Jinbao OS KO Feral Rex (originally posted at KO upscaled Feral Rex/Predaking and Catilla ).

There is also an upgrade kit for Jinbao OS KO which has lion head with folding mane.
    Predaking Feral Upgrade Kits figure Transformation Jinbao oversize-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

IMG_8493_zpsug8cbatu.jpg IMG_8498_zpsldnhgopv.jpg IMG_8502_zpscq2wqewh.jpg

Now here are some size comparisons of Sky Lynx with different lion heads.
    Lione
    IMG_20180923_145134.jpg

Lione with Vehicle
    IMG_20180923_145251.jpg

Leo Dux (original with folding mane)
    IMG_20180923_150355.jpg IMG_20180923_150623.jpg IMG_20180923_150443.jpg IMG_20180923_150542.jpg

Jinbao OS KO
    IMG_20180923_150752.jpg IMG_20180923_150821.jpg DSC00749_mmcosak.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Shame there isn't one for Blurr though, as I said earlier, Blurr is pretty much the perfect shape. I think it'd be cool to make a custom helmet too, so the extra space is needed.

Hahah, those lion heads are huge XD I'll consider it.

6. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

Brainstorm and Blurr have same headmaster (remould) only difference is the face.

7. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The face and pop-up crest is what I need, that's why I'm so fixated on Blurr X'D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Berser Car

Berser Car Active Member

Tumblr:
    Not closely familiar with GaoGaiGar, but looking at pictures online, I think the Moonracer/Novastar mold follow the shape of the legs better in leg mode. It even has a 5mm hole at the knee for easy placing of drills that can be attached to the 5mm hole at the front of the vehicle mode when not combined.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Mmm, the vehicle mode looks pretty good, but it's kinda upsidedown. The drill will be where GGG's massive foot would be, instead of at the knee.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've actually scratch built GaiGar's arms and legs from Lego. A little bit crazy, but GaiGar doesn't have to hold anything for the version I'm building (so no flying steath drill-tank nonsense), so his hands don't have to adhere to needing 5mm pegs. Trying to figure out how to get them to attach to the Sky Reign torso will be the harder bit. Still planning on building the lion head out of Lego (modified from the Hero Factory Nex 2.0 helmet) and attaching it to Skylynx's tail, as well as building the Galeon tail from Lego too. Good luck to me, lol. I'll be gluing the parts that don't need to move, so as mad as it's going to look, it'll be sturdy and do exactly what I want out of it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The arms - yes, I'm one short on those claws, but I'm sure I have another gold claw kicking around somewhere. I will have to figure out how to attach a ball joint at Skylynx's shoulder (probably gluing it in using the 5mm hole).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Legs/back legs: The shin rotates to give additional support, as well as provide clearance at the top joint. Going to struggle to figure out how to attach the knee to the end of Skylynx's back leg though. I don't want to have to use that dreaded thing, parts forming...

• Like Like x 1