Customs: a more g1 megatron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    wiht the upcoming legends megatron coming out in the US. i got to thnking i have spent so much time on devastator when he is finished (which is rapidly approaching by the way) what will i do wiht the excess time ...

i have a 71 camaro to restore (i am a huge gearhead for those that dont know)
    and a 01 firebird that is build to the gill (620 hp motor) that needs some tweeking

but one thing keeps coming back to my head

MEGATRON NEEDS A BETTER TOY!!!

so i have been jotting down ideas as they hit me trying to figure out how to get the transformation right along with proportiions and it not be a custom version of the mp-05.

thus far i have quite a bit of it laid out in my head but no actual progress.

but here is my thoughts

classics cyclonus legs with some tweeking to make the handle of the gun (think legends rts megatron)
    the bumblebee trailer is really giving me a great idea for the arms
    scratch build chest
    arms undecided but im thinking im gonna need a toy gun to take parts from
    and hopefully i can crank out a voyager/deluxe sized megatron that doesnt look like a beautiful but pissed off butterfly.

what do you guys think

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think this sounds like a fun and interesting project, man. I know I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for some WIP on it (whenever you have time to start it up). Great idea so far!

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds fun, instead of taking the parts from a toy gun, why not use the parts from a megatron figure though?

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    you mean a g1 figure??

i hadnt thought about it to be honest, i wonder what size he is its been along time since i have seen one of those things in person

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I'd guess if you gave him a new articulation scheme and only use the gun parts, he'd be between a deluxe and a voyager. or mayeb even around the same size as the classics voyager one.

how exactly are you making cyclonus legs work? i'm confused on that one. tweaking so that the leg shells touch when they are in the collapsed position?

randy!

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    im trying to think how to word this

cyclonus legs have a front and a rear half that folds up onto the thighs, i would probably remove the back half, make the toes point outward (probably add a different lower leg piece that is hollow on the back) so the leg would fold up and make the handle of the gun and depending on how it looks the left leg (as you would look at it from the front) may have to have a swivel joint so the part that folds up could rotate 180 degrees (so the toes would be at the top instead of the bottom)

this transformation would be quite similar to that of the rts legends megatron just a little more complex.

i hope that made sense (its hard to explain without the figure torn apart and a WIP to show what i mean)

7. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

No, that makes complete sense. i was baffled on how you were going to make each leg shell split come together. by removing the back then sticking the fronts together, that would totally work. Of course, by then you might as well just make your own joint, or use the classics one for parts. but thats just me. Cool project. I can't wait for those legends. :) 

Randy!

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ^ and you may be completely right on that, cause i wont know till i get going on this so we will see

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's about the same size as hunt for the decepticons battle blade bumblebee figure actually, and if your using classics cyclonus for the legs, a G1 megatron for the gun parts would probably a great bunch to use. Which I just so happen to have a junker G1 megatron that I want to get rid of, ;)  :D 

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    pm sent

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    replied.. Two times! (that.. sounds funnier in my head than it reads :redface2: )

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ha you guys have got me excited about this project

its gonna be really nice to be able to do a custom that is not limited by a third from or the need to connect to another figure

im stoked