Minor/Repaint: a more G1 Grapple...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Mar 29, 2011.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Excellent! :D 

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

my thoughts as well. i love how it makes him so much more bulky.

this looks really awesome man

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D 

The crane mode was what I thought--you had cut the cap piece and only applied the two sides. Sadly, mine does fit snugly--actually, it won't fit. The post is too big. And it looks like if I drill out RTS Grapple's mount, there's potential for the screw to slip right through.

I'm thinking of using the entire cap on mine--just cutting down the two parts on top meant to hold the original crane.

The hinge mount is INSANELY easy. I hadn't realized it was that simple to do! I was most interested in this element, so thank again for sharing. :) 

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The crane mount from RTS Grapple is too small to fit on the post? Weird! Mine just snaps right over it. Have you tried forcing it, or is it just not happening? Or maybe sanding the sides of the post just a bit? That way the crane mount will still be small enough to be held by the screw.

Or, in your case, I might be tempted just to keep the original G1 crane entirely. It's a good looking crane, and works pretty well after all. It wasn't an option on mine because the hook was broken.

The hinge mount IS pretty easy, but I'm tempted to say hold off on doing it, because while I was playing with it this afternoon, I think I found an alternative approach that might work better overall. I'm going to try it out with my Inferno, so if it pans out, I'll post the results here!

zmog

5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I was thinking about keeping the old crane, but one, the one I'm using has a broken hook, and two, I really like the new one. Plus, I'd lose the rotation ability. Also, I've already painted some bits and modded that back end. Can't let that go to waste. :) 

I'll wait to see what you do with the hinge. I took the panel apart on mine and I'm wondering if there's another way to do it (have some thoughts). Let us know how it goes. :) 

6. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Bert the Stormtrooper Reivews

Agreed, this looks great! Please post a how-to, or chronicle your work on Inferno.
    Great work!
    Later

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'll see if I can get to it this week guys. Need to act before I forget where I left off! :) 

zmog