Heavy/Scratch: A mix of Universe & G1 Hardhead [done]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G60Force, Jun 27, 2012.

1. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    well same as with my last few I try to mix G1 part with the Universe version without damaging/modding the Universe figure and completely destroying G1 ;) 

I only did the altmode for fun, cuz it's a robot mode @ display I focus on that!

Attached Files:

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

now this, is hardhead, nice job mate make more of these universe/G1 mixes :thumb 

3. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    Everything is amazing on this...until you look at the hands. They're just...small. But that's a minor point, compared to the rest of it. Sick job, man.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    G, I can appreciate where you are going with this, but I think some of the kitbashing aspects need some refinery, most notably that alt mode. I think the robot mode has a character all its own and it's getting there, but right now I'm feeling this is more of these two figures lumped together more than anything.

I enjoy your work, and I really hope to see you push this one a lot more (as I've seen you do in the past). I really think you're on to something here, but I think if you keep pushing this one you'll get there - but you're not quite there yet.

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    thanx mate :D 

well I agree on the pics the look smaller, but IRL they're not that bad...
    plus I really love the hardhead G1 hand mold :)  so it was easy sacrifice!

yeah I sumtimes tend 2 go back 2 customz ey :p  LOL...
    but I'm happy with it now I mean, as long as my rule applies not harming...
    the base figure I guess I can't go all the way, the problem mostly lies bcuz a lot of these figure r hard 2 find so 4 every single one I screw up I need 2 order overseas :D  but thnx a lot for your input much appreciated that's 4 sure & surely gets me more motivated 2 do my best even more so don't worry

6. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you are on the right track but it looks like hardhead is wearing bullet proof armor or something the way that the G1 part is just hanging off his stomach. Also, the backpack/thing over his head is very distracting. Not sure why you don't want to modify the figures themselves? Do you plan on taking them apart and sellilng individually down the road?

I will say though that I love the was the G1 tank treads look on the side of the alt mode

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's interesting as a concept, but I'm afraid it doesn't look all that great as a finished piece. Both of the modes look somewhat silly. I mean, don't get me wrong, this could be great with some refinement as SQ7 suggested, but my criticism is rather moot at this time since you're only willing to go so far with it.