A Message for those who Hate the movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before you get your guns loaded, this isn't a thread trying to convince you to like it.

I personally loved it, and I don't consider myself that stupid (although from time to time I make myself wonder).

Anyway, the movie to one of our favorite things in the WHOLE world just made 9th highest grossing movie of all time. YAY!

What this means is that Hasbro is not going to be dropping Transformers any time soon from the movie verse. Even after Bay says, "ok guys, I'm done," Hasbro will see TF for the money-making beast that it has become and seek out someone else to continue the silver screen adventures.

I'm not even saying "Go watch the movie to make it more money." I'm simply saying that with the movie making this much money, you might get your chance to see Transformers under different direction yet. Hasbro isn't going to say, "Ok Bay's done, let's let this one go," And neither is Paramount. So keep your chin up, you may still get a Transformer movie that you like.

I'll keep enjoying the Bayverse, but I know I will also be excited to see what someone else does when he passes the reins on, and this will probably happen, because 700+ Million is not a sign of the times.

2. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

I'm with man 100% agree

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Er, I guess its a nice sentiment, but was there some wave of rage going on to set this off; ie was this needed? "Those who hate the movie" surely has to be kindling for a flame or two.

Was anyone really expecting Hasbro to stop wanting movies? Bay'll finish his third film in two or three years, the toyline associated will go on for a year after that, which will give the Bayformers continuity around seven years to itself, a solid run. Then Hasbro will take it in a new direction most likely. Between now & later there will be more comics, more toylines, more cartoons and eventually new movies (of the non-Bayformery kind).

It still surprises me that people get surprised that Transformers movies, even if Michael Bay ones, are so successful. The world was hungry for live action TFs, I know I've been so since childhood. Bayformers is in no way the way I'd done it/want it, but its there & making money. Other people love, some people indeed hate it, most of us are the various shades of gray inbetween. Transformers is our catalyst, and we're spreading. From G1 to now, Transformers fans are growing in number obviously.

We're like a horribly neat virus.

4. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I'm with the OP 100% :music 

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, the use of the word "HATE" wasn't meant to be insulting, because I don't find anything wrong with hating it. Like I said, nothing about this is any attempt to convince otherwise, just knowing that I personally would also like to see it go in a different direction at one point, and with this much being grossed, that chance might come.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

And the stickies did rain forth down from the heavens and get this thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.