A Magneto Idea/Question.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by MECHADOOM, May 8, 2010.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

What do you think would happen if Magneto was sentenced to death, by Electric Chair? Would he be able to control the electricity? Would it make him even more powerful?

Or have they already done this in the comics?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't know how they'd get the current to him without wires, and he'd have used the wires to strangle his captors and escape before anyone could flip the switch.

3. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

First they would have to catch Magneto, and the only way to do that would be if he were human/depowered. Also he is a master of magnetism so i don't think the electricity would do anything to him. And Magneto is a villain no more, he is a hero.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they'd be smart about it and just opt for lethal injection.

5. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Magneto can't actually control electricity, his being a master of magnetism wouldn't stop a strong electrical current from killing him. Electrical attacks usually don't phase him because he sheaths himself in a magnetic field. Its the same reason he's seemingly bullet proof most of the time. Both metal objects and many energy forms are repelled by the field. However if he were stunned already, or there was enough power behind it to push through the field he'd be fried.

Strapping him into an electric chair wouldn't be hard if you had one made of wood with leather straps and plastic buckles. Of course then you have to find a way to get the current to him without using metal wires as he's use them against you. You could always place his bare feet in water and shoot the current into that. Not quite as reliable or controllable but same end result.

On the other hand I believe they have at least on occasion given Magneto a power boost through an electrical jolt, most times though it was from some alien tech or the result of another mutant's powers.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

One of the failings in comic logic is that magneto can stop bullets with his powers, bullets are normally not made of magnetic metals so he shouldn't be able to effect/control them, of course for a while they did get round this by saying his costum was metal and the magnetic feild holding that together made it bullet resistant.

Anyway it would be very difficult to do anythign to magneto with an electric chair, execpt possibly beat him over the head with it.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Metal needle.

Not quite correct. Any object made of typical matter can be levitated using a powerful enough magnetic field, even living things. It is called "diamagnetic levitation". Mind you, the fields needed are very, very powerful. Like 16 Teslas to do a tiny frog.

YouTube - levitating frog

- Coeloptera