Digibash: A little something I did for class

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Primevil, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    For my Digital Design Aesthetics class, we had to Photoshop a picture together and use Corel Painter to make the picture look like a painting. So naturally, I had to do something with Transformers. :D 

[​IMG]

This is the original. ...Which somehow got resized when I uploaded it to Photobucket. :huh I was going to use a clearer picture of Shockwave, but the blurry, no-flash pic worked out better for the finished product. Which is right below...

[​IMG]

Looking at it again, I'm not terribly happy with how the explosion turned out. I think I could have tried blending the colors together a little better. And Sideswipe doesn't look so much like he's being thrown by the explosion like I intended. Then there's the fact that the light given off by the explosion isn't reflected on Prowl and Sideswipe, but I had no clue how to do that. But I still like it and feel I did a pretty good job for my second time using Painter, though my "brush control" could use a little work.

*EDIT* I might go back to it and rework it a bit to fix some things.

2. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty swanky! :)  I like it!

Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if you and Alphie teamed up...

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome!!!:rock 

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

man that looks awsome love the fire and how the autobots are jumpin out from it very kool man

5. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

love Shockwave's pose there and the explosion and everything works, too kool :thumbs2: 

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Neato!

7. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

hey Primevil! long time, no see. Who's the professor for this class?

As for the pic, it's pretty cool. You did a pretty good job in general. Most of what you want to accomplish might be better acquired in Photoshop, but since this is Painter, I'm not sure what the tools are.

My advice would be to learn about the blur and sharpen tools. Sideswipe and Prowl both look like their pictures are at a much higher resolution than Shockwave, yet they're more in the mid-ground. I would blur them a bit, especially with the edges.

Next, I would paint the lighting on top of the cars using lots of layers and adjust the transparencies accordingly.

Anyways, I hope this is of some value to you.

oh, btw, are you still rooming with Jared?

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    My professor was Gustavo Delao. He's a great guy, but I felt he could have done a better job teaching.

Shockwave looks the way he does in the original picture because I've yet to figure out how to get my camera to take a clear picture without the flash. I wound up using the out of focus picture of him since his purplish color shows up and I liked how the lighting turned out. After that, I started looking at the Autobots (whose photos had the flash on) as something like a scene in a movie when the camera focuses on what's coming in the distance and the foreground objects/characters/whatever become blurred. Or something like that. I dunno, I'm probably making stuff up.

And yes, Jared's still my roommate. I'm surprised he's only now getting on my nerves. It probably has something to do with living in Boundary this year.

9. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

10. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

lookin good.. lookin good..