A little help with a value estimate and choice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Easterling Capt, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Usually dont ask for help but need an input from you guys.

I just got the Menasor giftset and I have a loose set with a boxed set. The set is amazing condition and 100% complete.

Motermaster is perfect and is 100% complete and no chrome wear, has a sturdy box and inner bubble, alla parts and MMs instruction boklet.

The limbs all are stiff and , hardely any sticker wear. No marks and all have small guns and vechicel weapons.

Now I talked with BBTS they gave me 195$ in store credit, of course I have to mail it to them. Not that bad

So should I try to sell it first or use the store credit?. Mainly looking to get Encores.

Or hold onto it and see if we go to botcon and sell it there ?

pic of the set.

[​IMG]

Any help or input would be great
    Thx /Mac

2. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    That's way overpriced. $100 tops!

iDD

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    any other input...100 seems very low.

4. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would take the $195 BBTS offer, I don't think you will get a better one than that.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I've always found BBTS to be very fair in their offers.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I haven't followed Stunticon prices for a while, but a complete loose good condition Menasor, with all the individual bot weapons used to go for £40 to £50 throughout most of '08. The exchange rate has dropped significantly, that £40-£50 would have been $80-$100, it's now $60-$70. With MM's box in good condition, they'll obviously be worth more, and the market seems to have risen despite the financial crisis.

The above prices are based mainly on the UK market, although the US is mostly in the same ballpark, a little less usually as the market is so much bigger, giving more choice.

I'd say $100 is too low these days, BBTS's offer seems very good, personally I'd go with that. I'd recommend doing an ebay completed listings search to see if any similar ones have sold recently.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  7. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Motormaster in box is what is driving the price up. Menasor complete and loose would be 80-100. Motor Master in box could be up to 80 by itself.