A little help explaining something...*Spoilers for Int'l ppl

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lion, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Ok, if they could just press a button and kill the Nokiabot, why not just make a bigger version of whatever weapon that is and kill the other Transformers...I mean if they are such a threat.. .wouldnt the military have that contingincy?

2. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

In the movie they used electricity to kill the little bot, but in the novelization they used a sabot round put into this gun-type thing attached to the box. Which leads me to believe that the electricity was a change to the script later in production of the movie.

3. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

yeah i agree electricity dosnt really make sense to me it didnt kill barracade in his fight with bb

4. BlackTrailerOps

Neither did it kill Rachet when he got the crap shocked out of him at Sam's house. I mean seriously, think of how many volts were going through all those wires.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    We have no idea how much electricity it takes to kill a TF. Ratchet and Barricade are huge, Nokia-bot is smaller then you hand.

It looked like it took a lot of juice to kill the Nokia thing, plus he zapped it twice.

6. BlackTrailerOps

Nokiabot is actually bigger then your hand, its about the size of a basketball by the looks of it maybe a dodgeball which is a little smaller. And there is just about as much juice in those power lines as an energy station can pump out, so I don't think those lines were delivering a light weight shock to Ratchet. Besides, he acted like it tickled, when I stub my toe is doesn't hurt as bad as getting shot, but it sure don't tickle.

7. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

haha it sure dosnt

thinking about it though they had all the power of the hoover damn that they could power that zapper with so who knows

8. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I didn't want to pick apart the movie like that, but if all those military people were standing around and just witnessed (electricity..or whatever it was) a little bot get zapped, why didnt one of them just say, "got any more of those pistol things?"...yeah, and the fact that barricade and ratchet both suffered the same mishaps.

9. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

maybe they shot it again with the Allspark radiation. But since we dont actually see Nokiabot get zapped, we'll never know.

10. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

And I keep thinking why they didn't keep Megatron in a cage or sealed chamber just in case he does turn out to be "a threat to national security".

I mean, they saw the Allspark transformers that were intensely violent, even they have to be kept in the thick box, but they see the giant robot with sharp blades and edges on his everything and think, "...nah, just keep it out in the open and spray it with some ice all the time."

11. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Because it had zero to no affect on the TFs, come on electrical bolt won't do anything! I mean the human element was okay but the Bots and Cons should have 50% of the screentime! In the next film they need to be about TFs, lets say 80% percent of the screentime to be about the TFs!

12. BlackTrailerOps

Or freakin reverse engineer a possible way to destroy him in case the whole ice spray thing doesn't pan out in the future.