Customs: A little help and advice?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skyripper, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

hey all, just asking for a little help and input on a project I've got in mind. After seeing all the awesome combiner projects I wanted to make one of my but I like to be kinda of original, so after watching some reviews on youtube I decided on what combiner I wanted to make...... and it's not a Transformer.

the combiner I had in mind was Land Bison from the Brave series. I'm not into the brave series but after seeing Baltmatix's review of the toy I thought it would be awesome to see a more modern version of it. (here the link to the video YouTube - landbison )

So what i have in mind for this is to use Tf's to make this so far the formula of what bots I'm going to use is as follows;

Turbo lander - uni Sideswipe with added pipes and engine block

Mach lander - classics Mirage

Big lander - Energon Ironhide, because it has a leg mode but will need a lot of that top kibble removed

Drill lander - a heavy moded classics Astrotrain

what I could do with the help is,
    is a comparison shot of E Ironhide with at least one of the other figures in both robot and leg mode so I can get a sense of scale as I don't own him yet.

And is it possible to reverse the leg mode of E Ironhide so the car parts are on the front instead of the parts with the hands showing.

Also some advice on how to mod Astrotrain and add the connectors

any input is much appreciated, thanks a lot guys

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Whatever happened with Road Caesar? You can probably ask me the same question, lol.

And I have a couple of the figures you'll be using. I can do some comparison shots (currently @ work, though).

3. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

ahh someone remembered, Road caesar has been going through a lot of changes, and I lost my job and been finding it hard to get funds to carry it on but money should once again start flowing back into my account so I can start again. just wanted something new to get my enthusiasm going.

thanks a lot for the help

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Not sure on the names of these guys (liked the animation and designs, but never really watched it). I'm assuming Big Lander is the big rig/semi? If so, you could possibly heavy mod a movie Prime (voyager) or use a Cybertron Prime. The Cybertron Prime might be a good way to go since he also has a leg transformation that can go from shorter to much taller (could work nicely with the combined mode).

Anyway, good luck--the others you mentioned sound good and I'm looking forward to seeing some on this!

5. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thanks hXcpunk23, i did actually try the idea of a cyb prime but the legs looked reather skinky that could be easily sorted though with a bit of kibble added to them to bulk them up but the main problem was that it would be hard to attach the rest of the team an not have Land bison have a huge ass lol.