A little garage sale score but need help identifying 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hoosierdaddy04, May 18, 2012.

1. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Long story short I picked up Animated Blackarachnia, Animated Soundwave, Legions Gold BB and 2 unknown transformers (to me) from a garage sale outside Fort Wayne for a sultry $1 so I'm happy. However, any help identifying the 2 I have no idea about would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The most curious is the dump truck. I can only assume it is Longhaul... However I can find no info on this particular mold. There is a switch in the back that if you push it to the right and roll it back and fourth it automatically transforms, and to the left it rolls free w/o transforming. It has a 1994 Hasbro and Takara trademark and on the front it reads tformer.

The second looks like PCC Icepicks little brother. It too has a Hasbro and Takara trademark w/o a date. It does have a mini con port on the bottom.

Once again any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
  3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
  4. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

the big one is g2 dirt bag and the minicon is a redeco of armada iceberg ( i think it is the minicon partner of armada rinox)

5. hoosierdaddy04

Wow, looks like I was a little bit off thinking Dirtbag was Longhaul... Thanks for the quick responses. Dang you guys are good. Once again thanks.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  7. hoosierdaddy04

LOL thanks. I checked here for info on Dirtbag knowing that you guys have an AWESOME resource section but only checked the 1994 section of G2 as that was the trademark date on him... I should have checked further, but after spending 12+ hours with my mom garage saleing (loading a bed and other furniture for my sis) my mind was a bit toasted hence why the crappy pic's were taken at a local watering hole with my cell phone (needed a few drinks when I got back). As far as Scattorbrain... I just had NO idea. He had no copyright date on him and I've just started collecting again after almost 15 years and then I wasn't so much collecting as playing. Thanks again to everyone that posted and hope everyone has a good weekend.

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Here's a tip: Probably half of the original molds have the date of the previous year on them, because that's when they were in development. Repaints also share the same stamp.

Also, Minicons are too small for stamps, so they go without.