A Little First Episode Observation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was watching MTMTE episode one, and had a flashback to the day Armada debuted on TV. Then it hit me, the biggest difference between G1 and the modern AEC shows. In MTMTE, we start with the transformers and Spike and Sparkplug don't show up until the very end of the first episode. With the first ep of Armada, we start with the kids and don't meet the transformers until the very end. This showed me the focus was more on the bots in G1, and the kids in Armada. Just found it funny how opposite these opening were.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That's an intersting observation, and there's probably something to it. On the other hand, to me a difference of when humans show up during the first episode is only a subtle change in emphasis, considering that in all cases they still show up during the first episode.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Also the plot points had a great deal to do with that.In G1 they landed on earth by accident.In Armada the humans were the reason they came to earth.

And while that is different,it's still similar in the sense that humans played a role

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Technically we did see TFs first - in the opening sequence we see the war on Cybertron and the escape of the Minicons. But yeah, if you're talking about characterisation, we get the humans first. LOTS AND LOTS of it.

As for the TFs coming to Earth, wasn't it another accident (just this time caused by the kids) that sent the minicon signals to the wreck of the minicon ship and Cybertron?

Anybody remember Botcon 2002 when people were cheering at the G1 cameos, David Kaye & Gary Chalk's voices, and the Armada G1 remix?

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think Galaxy Force had a much better human/TF focus ratio than Armada, thankfully. That's reflected in the first episode too.

6. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

It's interesting to see the big importance human has in japanese TF shows. I'm not saying humans weren't important in the American, but I think it is on the japanese where we see them playing a more important role.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Cybertron it started off with TFs....

8. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Yeah, but Galaxy Force dind't, if I'm not wrong.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    But in these generations, the kid's have been the way for Kid's to get into the story, so naturally, they need to be set up so that the Kid's watching at home, have someone in the series to identify with.

10. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

it's called "watch and learn/brainwash" :D 

11. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    But the new shows have been nowhere near as popular as G1, and G1 did it different. We identified with the TFs, not the humans. That makes the TFs more popular.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Well, in all fairness, part of that has to do with the fact that people could actually watch the G1 cartoon. The last few shows, you've either had to get up before the sun or go online.

And I don't remember which we saw first in Galaxy Force (I'm thinking it was the kids), but the majority of the first episode was stilld evoted to the TFs.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And let's not forget Beast Wars and Beast Machines and RID.As those shows both in US and Canada had some good slots.And I'm pretty sure that since we had 3 seasons of Beast Wars and 2 seasons of Beast Machines.That the Beast series of cartoons were more popular

Depends on which version you watch.If you watch Galaxy Force,humans didn't appear till the last 5 mins or so.If you watch Cybertron,Landmine's retelling the story to the humans hence they appeared first

14. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Which is the right way to do the show. Beast Wars did it, and it was great, better than G1.

15. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Well, I checked the first episode of Galaxy Force, and here's how it went.

Before the opening credits and intro: Transformers
    After the opening credits and intro: Humans

16. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I agree. If the show would try to get people to identifiy with the TFs, they'd be more popular. Identifying with the humans, puts the TFs in a position of being "alien" to us, thus hurting the popularity.