a little comic/annual help

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by talkin jibberish, Aug 16, 2008.

1. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

wondering if anyone can help?? when i was a kid i used to get the uk tf annuals...in one of those books there was a story about cybertron before the wars, in which optimus and megs seemed to be fighting in a gladitorial battle,

ive since bought a few old annuals but cant find that story in them...anyone knowwhich annual it was in?
    thanks

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I know the one that you are referring too. It's probably the very first one, from 1985 or possibly 1986. I've only got the later ones to hand so I can tell you it isn't anything from 1987 onwards.

1985 is probably the one, though. I know it was in a slightly different style through the whole annual than any of the later ones, and that was a first annual only thing.

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    There's a prose story in the '86 annual, "State Games", but it's actually Megatron fighting Sunstreaker in a gladiatorial battle. The splash illustration is Megatron standing over Sunstreaker.

It's the annual with Prime centre on the cover, and Starscream, Soundwave, Ravage, Jazz & Wheeljack behind him to the left and right, with Prime (again) and Prowl in their alt modes as well.

EDIT - I ought to add that Prime is in that story, but not as Megs' opponent in the games. They do have to form an alliance as war breaks out tho, to protect the Overlord (which of course goes wrong). Prime actually saves Megs from falling off a broken walkway. Oh the irony etc.