Customs: A little advice/help for a new guy.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dezarus, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Dezarus

Dezarus Active Member

I'm wondering what any UK-based 'bashers would suggest in the way of paint? I've had a quick look around, and it seems we aren't fortunate enough to get these "Testors" paints in over from the US, so I was just wondering what a good alternative.
    I was thinking the model paints used for GamesWorkshop models, but I'm not sure.

I'll hopefully be able to start a little project I've had in my head for quite a while now, and I hope I'm not wasting board space re-treading old ground another new 'basher may have asked.

Thanks (in advance),
    Dez

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Games workshop paints are good, but they are a bit thick , so I thin them down, but remember that when you do this to keep in mind the consistency of milk, as this will allow the paint to still adhere to the plastic but it will smooth out a lot nicer. Also, be sure to use a new brush to alleviate any brush strokes. Alson if you thin them down enough ├Żou will be able to use them through an airbrush also, but the paint will clog the nozzle as it seems to dry quickly. I'm not in the UK, but we can get them here in the US, so I'm hoping that they use the same formula for both countries. Hope this helps some!