A Letter of Concern & Suggestion Sent to Hasbrotoyshop.com Directly

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by StarscreamKills, Feb 25, 2009.

1. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Here is a copy of an email I sent to the customer service department @ Hasbrotoyshop.com directly. Tell me what you think:

--------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Customer Service,

I have a concern and a suggestion that comes from myself and other TF Animated fans.

1) There has recently been a recinding of pre-orders placed through the Official TF Collector's Club for some new TF Animated releases with an "indefinite suspension." As a loyal customer/fan (as well as those like me) with a track record you can see through my direct Hasbrotoyshop.com purchase history, I (and those like me) am concerned about this unfortunate state of affairs. Can you please provide me with some clarification about what is behind all of these sudden moves? I, and those like me, are really looking forward to adding these particular figures to our collection and would be distressed if they were no longer available.

2) On a recent visit to the Hasbrotoyshop.com website, I have noticed the removal of toys that have recently been released and are currently out-of-stock in the TF Animated series, namely the Deluxe Class toys of Waspinator and Samaraui Prowl and the Voyager Class toy Shockwave. Am I, and those like me, to understand that these figures should also be considered to be "indefinitely suspended" from production and distribution like the Deluxe Class toys of Arcee, Hydrodive Bumblebee, and Soundwave with Keytar and the Voyager Class toy Golfire Grimlock?

3) I, and those like me, would also like to know if a TF Animated Leader Class Lugnut toy could be released. In the TV series, Lugnut is a large character and, even by Voyager Class standards, seems dwarfed by those he is supposed to tower over. I, and those like me, would certainly purchase such a modified character released in that size. As the TF Animated Bulkhead character comes in both Voyager and Leader Classes, this is not without precedence.

I, and those like me, look forward to your response and most importantly your actions to rectify this situatiuon. I, and those like me, do understand these are difficult times. However, in the Great Depression movie sales soared as these healthy forms of escape from the dulldrums of life become even more important than they already were.

Sincerely,

[My real name]
    Valued Customer

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TFW2005 community, do note I checked this all out. They had taken TF Ani Swoop off the website and Blackarachnia is hard to find through hitting the TF Ani D-Class link (she only comes up through the general "Ani Collection" one). They have taken Waspinator, Samurai Prowl, and Shockwave completely off the site. I knew about the pre-releases become "no releases," but who knew about these other ones?

Another point to consider: what is the merit of you sending a similar "concerned" email to Hasbro directly? If respectful and in your own words, do you think that a bunch of them could have merit and get our toys back online/unsuspended?

What are your thoughts?

2. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Well you email is a really good one to get good to the point answers I find, can't wait for there reply myself! Let us know!

3. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Hmphh. They sometimes drop stuff inexplicably but this may be suspicious timing, indeed.

Sucks.

4. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

just heard on 4chan via tfarchive that the TF:A line has been marked as cancelled at wal marts and targets and they're not stocking any new figures after what has shipped.
    I don't know how true this is, but it's very upsetting to hear nontheless.
    such an amazing toyline, handled so terribly.

5. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Thank you for re-wording the thread...

[In response to the first reply to the thread, this is what I say...]

I think your title for the thread is much better than mine. After I posted it, I was like, "Damn! Really bad title!" Thanks for cleaning that up for me!

Right now, I'll I've gotten is the auto-reply. I'll share anything more substantial that comes...

6. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Well, that just plain sucks if true!:( 

*Hating the new movie even more*:mad 

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Crap! I really wanted TF:A Waspinator...
    Anyone know of a good site that isn't eBay where I can get one?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    1 and 3 will not be answered.

Hasbro Toy Shop is not actually part of hasbro. they're just a retailer selling hasbro's products exclusively.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Correct. HTS customer service has no more insight into the availability of products than the toy department manager at Walmart or Target would.

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All they will do is say "Keep checking back to our Transformers website (insert link here) for new on any news on Transformers Animated".... I tried already:( 

11. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    In some cases, maybe less.:D 

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Holy crap, another nail in Animated's coffin.

13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's just one place... I think it's too soon to panic.

Also petitions don't really work...

14. StarscreamKills

Ebay:
    Okay. If that's the case, when they say that I'll push for "then who do I contact about these concerns?" If they help or not, I'll take it to Hasbro directly. There's lots of things I cannot do, but this is one thing that I can so I will.:poke 

Still...:banghead: 

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I, and those like me, believe you shot yourself in the foot at trying to sound professional for the following points:

"TF Animated" ... you should call it "Transformers Animated".

You asked a retailer to make and release a toy.

Your E-mail should have been strictly about the availability of some of their products. You most likely would have received a response quickly. But the rest of your E-mail almost guarantees it being tossed and never answered.

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

^Agreed. Your letter was good until you started about a Leader Lugnut, I think it lost its flair at that point, still a good piece of writing though

17. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Damn, I hope I can still get a Shockwave.

18. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I hate the movie even more now. I can pretty much tell that Canada won't even be getting Blurr, Swindle and Shockwave...

I hate ROTF. I know one person isn't a lot, but I'm not seeing it for $#!^. Thanks a lot, Hasbro.

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i fear the same for Australia, though there is some reports here of lockdown, swindle and blurr appearing. we can only hope hasbro decided to release them in our countries before they officially pull the plug.

20. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    God this really sucks balls. I cant believe that the other figures won`t get released. It makes no sense!!!