A-Kon 2010, my first convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by guard convoy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well i just got back from my first convention ever, A-Kon 2010, in dallas texas

Some Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my haul:
    [​IMG]

arcee cost $25, fulldrill gurren lagann cost $20, and gurren lagann cost $30

overall i frickin loved the convention and the people, it was sooooo much fun and i can't wait till next time

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Lolwut?!

3. guard convoy

News Credits:
    A-Kon is the oldest anime convention in the united states, it is a big convention, i wanted to make a thread with pictures of it but i didn't know where to put it, so i put it here

4. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    The ones I recognize:
    Two Simons(one with boota), A Gurren Lagann, Brock(pokemon), two ghostbusters, three akatsuki members, that one guy from yu-gi-oh(can't remember his name), Aang(last airbender), Jariah(Naruto), Mario, and the old turtle guy from Dragonball.

the ones I don't know:

metroid girl(?), 2 halo people(?), a doctor, a robber, 2 final fantaasy(?) people, some guy with a revolver, two guys from guitar hero(?), two guys with freaky masks, some guy that reminds me of Shia lebouf, two poeple that look like they're going to blow something up, two people with scratch-built weapons, and apeman.:p 

Did you dress up? if so, who as?

5. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i did not dress up, i wanted to go as M Bison from street fighter but i did not have time

apparantly the voice of lord zedd from power rangers was there but i didn't see him

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, 'metroid girl' would be Samus, the doctor is Doctor Mario, 'apeman' (if you are referring to who I think you are) is Darkseid, the people in masks are Larfleeze (the Orange Lantern), and Atrocitus (leader of the Red Lanterns), the guy with the revolver is Vash Stampede, the robber is actually a spy from Team Fortress 2, and the rest I'm not sure about.

...what?:tongue: 

In any case, that convention looks like a lot of fun!

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

In order from what I can tell:

Simon from Gurren Langen, Darkseid, Master Roshi, TF2 Solider and Sniper, Cid and Cloud, TF2 Heavy and Engineer, Racoon Mario, Jariah from Naruto, dunno(looks gundam pilotish), Ghostbuster, TF2 Spy, Dr Mario, Samus, Orange and Red lanterns, Aang, Naruto Ninjas and the dude from Yu Gi Oh (Kaiba iirc), dunno (guitar hero guys?), Simon again, Ghostbuster, Vash, Brock, Zeon Officer and a Zaku, and the Gurren Langen robot.

I went to A-kon a few years back, couldn't get too much as I ended up flying from NY and didn't wanna pay for baggage claim or anything, but I did pick up a lot of cheap comics which was nice. I got two friends there now actually, was trying to see if they showed up in any of those pics but I didn't seem em.

It's a fun con, but when I was there all the food places closed at like 7 in the evening so that ended up sucking for a night owl like me. Hope you brought lots of your own snacks if it's in the same place it was when I was there :lol 

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    my brother said it is the same hotel as it has always been apparantly, so yea i know the food is expensive, we brought sodas and ate at CiCi's, if i had brought my actual camera if i had batteries i would of taken way more pics, but yea, it was quite fun

the guys nobody has figured out are some random guy and kamina with guitars (they went around singing haha they were awesome) and the pilot is a battlestar galactica pilot

what was insane was some of the prices, dude had a sealed g1 prime for $300, sealed g1 devastaor for $300, sealed g1 rodimus prime for $200....there was a masterpiece grimlock for $170, there was also movie wal-mart exclusive divebomb for $25 :lol  and there was the king grimlock, didn't get price, and i also saw a alternity starscream....what was at an amazing price was a BONE WHITE 100% COMPLETE G1 JETFIRE FOR $120.....i drooled over it haha what sucks is i didn't have the cash for it

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You need to take some lessons from shifty on who to photograph at cons...

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    well i got a lot of time to learn haha heck i just photographed who i thought looked cool

11. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I actually helped build that samus costume. She is a friend of mine. I did the paintjob and some of the construction.

12. KRZTFR

KRZTFR Well-Known Member

Wish I went but couldnt get the days off, was so looking forward to seeking Abney Park live

13. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    You should try Dallas Comicon and Dallas SFIEXPO and Dallas Fan Days. Here is a Link to the next shows coming up.
    dcc-tix
    There is a show in August and then a Fan Days event with Star Trek actors in October!!!