a idea worth exploring?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Feb 5, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i got a question people.

anybody see these 2 movies

Schindler's List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(2008_film)

now imagine for a moment that idw were to actually explore certain plot elements of those 2 movies as a 3 book transformers elseworlds/what if/hearts of steel style storyline in which said storyline is set in the g1 continuity on pre beast machines cybertron in which the story in equal part thoroughly explores the predacon megatrons rise to power as he conquers cybertron.

with the storyline in equal part also exploring the lives of a mixed group of rag tag freedom fighters made up of former maximals gone rouge in the sense that they refuse to judge certain portions of the war devastated predacon community solely by the maximal imperium's views ,beliefs and idealogy on such matters,

former/semi retired surviving decepticon fighters who want only a chance to come to speak their side of the so called truth when it comes to the doctored and in some part false history that the maximal imperium has force fed the entire population over time

predacons who want only to live and survive and in the end want only to go out in a final blaze of glory as the avenging martyrs for their murdered in mass people and and even a few stray surviving autobot elders as well who want only to meet their eventual final end with honor as each of these four sides that make up the group struggle to come to terms with the past in regards to how each of the 4 societies has tolerated one another in the time leading up to what could only be described as being a genocidal halocaust as it were in which the surviving autobots want only to find a way to redeem theirselves in battle and to restore their rather tarnished honor in battle against thier common foe that is the predacon megatron and his vehicon legions

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For a fanfic, I suppose any idea is worth exploring.

But I'm actually only replying to congratulate you for typing the longest sentence ever:
    Now imagine Blurr saying this.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    You didn't quote his entire sentence though:

Which doesn't end in a period, but ends the post. So there may be more that we didn't get to read.

It intrigues me when people post an idea for fanfiction and ask others opinions, as if it will become canon or something due to its percieved awesomeness. Either ask for help writing it or developing it, or write it yourself and garner feedback based on your efforts. I'll go ahead an apologize for any percieved antagonism, as I don't mean to portray that, instead I'm merely drawing attention to the notion that if you want to set forth an idea, set it forth. Since we can only know your work via what you write and post, make sure what you write is written in a way to make others want to read it.

Finally, and the real reason for posting, is you asked if I had seen the aforementioned movies, or I assume as much as there's no question mark. To answer the question, no.

4. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

i have a fanfic like this called cryotech origin (it's misleading i know). the basic plot is that cryotech finds an orphaned bot on the street named blastwave, cryotech then trains him to be his successor while discovering blastwave's tragic past. guess who blastwave is?

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plz stop trying to superimpose unrelated fiction onto TF kthnxbye.

6. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Man you missed the whole point of his theses by just looking at his question and not the text. If you want to comment on something, make sure, you read the whole thing
    and it's his post, he can do what he wishes

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If someone wanted to make a fanfic about the oppression of the predacons using parallels to the holocaust, I think it would be a good idea to take inspiration from more sources than simply these two movies, as there is a lot more to it than the material covered in them. But frankly, I think it would be a better idea to just start from scratch with such a concept than to try and use a human historical allegory for an alien race in the far-flung future. It would give the author a lot more room to make everything fit and would probably end up seeming more tasteful to a lot of people.

But realistically, this is a discussion for the fanfic section, not general discussion.

And finally, its not a good idea to say that someone has a right to write their post how they choose, and then condemn another person for doing the same.

8. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Oh, I'm just open to any debate!

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

it would not just be the predacons being oppresed when it comes to the war against megatron and his vehicon empire, it would be a war in which all surviving cybertronion societies autobot, decepticon, maximal and predacon alike would be oppressed and in fighing this mutal enemy would be forced to let go of the past, accept the true history and the greivances and the crimes and wrongs that each has committed against the others and out of neccesity learn to work together to survive and to fight inthe name of the true greater good though not actually for the same shared reason though

had beast machines played out like that i could all to easily see primal forging them into being a new generation of cybertronion freedom fighters, not autobots mind you but freedom fighers nonetheless

what i think would be a real twist on the matter would be if the whole role of leadership was handled by someone who origin wise turned out to be a megaplex sort of character

that is to say that the up and coming leader would himself be a surviving clone ofthe original megatron who as a clone would have all his combat experience, memmories though perhaps not his personality but would at times have his murderous temper and even have a rather clear idea of what it is he must fight for in this current lifetime even as he finds himself learning of the late optimus prime and through that very act drawing inspiration from primes life and legend to become a great leader in his own right comparable to even optimus primal himself.

in short the clone himself being the true surviving heir to the late original megatron but as a person who would use that legacy in the name of the greater good

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like you're moving farther and farther away from the two movies you mentioned, which may not be a bad thing. Hey, its your fanfic man. Write it how you want it.