A humble request for my fellow collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JasonTheX, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JasonTheX

JasonTheX Well-Known Member

Greetings to my fellow fans. I know the holidays are coming and we all have gifts to buy but I know a lot of still jet over to the toy aisles and look at disappointment that the same stuff is warming the shelves just gathering dust. Those toys my friends belong in the hands of children who unfortunately are not going to have a great Christmas. When I was young all I wanted was a g1 Optimus Prime. I'd like to tell you that one day I magically got one sadly I did not. When I was in my 20's I started a tradition, I would always find at least one Optimus Prime and make sure it got to Toys for Tots. I have been fortunate in my years to sometimes throw a few more in there if I had the resources. I know a lot of you know exactly where I'm coming from and have similar traditions. For those that don't I just ask that you buy a cyberverse, a deluxe, even a leader what ever you can and give it to a child that's not waiting for a Transformer, they're just waiting for a toy. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt they will never forget and treasure that toy you gave. I thank you all for your time and Merry Christmas guys.

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome man. I always grab a few toys around xmas that I find on sale for cheap and donate to toys for tots. A great way to help a less fortunate little one have a good xmas. god knows if I lived in the US I would have stockpiled as many of the black friday buy 1 get 2 free from ROTF for this exact reason

3. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been amassing a small lot of deluxe class guys for just this purpose. I'm going to drop off 8-10 at least. Hopefully they find a good home.

And hey, maybe if we all get rid of some of the shelfwarmers, they will actually put out the new guys in a timely fashion!

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Shelfwarmers for tots?

Everybody wins.

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I would do this however my family has adopted a needed family in the area to give presents to so that is what i am doing as opposed to toys for tots. Same premise just a different way. But i feel that if no other time of year now is when we should be charitable so i fully support this. Either adopt a family or give some of those wave 1 DOTM deluxes to toys for tots. Those toys need homes and i am sure there are plenty of families that cannot afford these toys that have children that will love them. Merry Christmas or have a happy winter holiday if you do not celebrate Christmas!

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I just dropped one off yesterday. Unfortunately, I bought the toy at a Walmart that didn't have a Toys for Tots box and dropped it off at a Cub Foods that did have a box. It's too bad it's not easier to do...

7. havanowoncheese

Seriously walmart wtf. Why would the not have a donation box.

As i was typing this the noon news is doing a story about toy donations in my area.

8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    No, wait, I made a mistake, it was Target... But either way, yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

9. havanowoncheese

Agreed its not gonna take up room for product plus if you buy the toy in the store and drop it in the box the retailer are still getting their money.

10. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now I know what to do with all the Primes and Bumblebees clogging the shelves.

11. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A very noble cause indeed, it makes you wonder just how many kids will grow up with their most cherished Christmas gift being a Tuner Mudflap.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I always find something to give for the holidays. Whether that be a money donation or a physical toy donation.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PCC Heavytreads, Skyhammers, Spastics for everybody!!!!

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Can't lie, I laughed.

15. JasonTheX

JasonTheX Well-Known Member

Hey a shelfwarmer is better than nothing. Quite a few mudflaps and skids went to charity. But even if I do that I always make sure there's at least one Optimus. Last year they had Animated stuff at Tuesday Morning for cheap and I got those.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mudflap can even make Christmas great!

17. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I did this with a buttload of Optimus, Megatron, and a few of the other Commanders and the Moonman Prime/Cometor two packs and Walmart legends pack with Bee, Soundwave, & Rodimus a couple of weeks ago. Didn't go for toys for toys for tots though. i found a locally run organization that helps kids and families in my area specifically. Felt great to drop off ginormous bags of bots..especially when the ladies looked in the bags and were excited to see name brand toys that boys want. Those $5 coupons worked wonders earlier this year and made it all possible.

18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

We already made a goodly toy drop, including a few TFs. Maybe if we have the funds before Christmas we'll make another.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits: