Customs: A Hotwheels "Armorhide Trailer" Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Methusalen, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Alright, for those of you who might not know, my first attempt at this didn't turn out well.... I still have the Reprolabel set for the Hotwheels trailer, but no trailer to work with!

But, tonight I saw Wingsbr's Motormaster repaint, which had a different Hotwheels trailer...

Now, I know that I'll be losing the "transforming trailer" (ala G1 Prime's trailer), but am more interested in having a trailer for my Armorhide... I'm interested in knowing if the Reprolabels sticker set would fit onto this trailer without having to cut down the stickers themselves... Does anyone have any ideas? The sides of the trailers look similar enough, and think that it might fit my needs... Any thoughts?

Even better, does anyone have enough photoshopping skills to put the two trailers (the transforming helipad & the 'removable car carrying box' ones) on top of each other and see if they 'seperate' at the same point 2/3 of the way down? Thank you!

2. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Are you sure it's a different trailer? Looks like the same one to me.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is a diff trailer...on that one the whole box on the back lifts out via a "crane/boom" that is mounted in the opening you see thru the top....same size/manufacturer so they might work.....

4. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    The trailers are different as Plowking says and my trailer came out of a truckin transporter set. If someone has the transforming trailer, I would be glad to measure all of the dimensions on mine to see if yours would fit if.

5. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Methusalen, don't give up yet. I've seen the original "Hot Wheels" transforming trailer at a few Big Lots lately. Why not try looking there for a replacement first.

6. Methusalen

News Credits:
    Big Lots, eh? Good thing there's one near my work! Thanks for the head's up Leemon!

But, in case I don't (or I'd like to make a trailer for my Target-bought S7 Armorhide), I think I might pick up one of these ones as well... Wingsbr, would you mind measuring out the length of the removable box, as well as the front portion of the trailer? All I need is length!

7. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Will do. I can't get to it until this weekend because work is crazy right now but I will get to it asap.

8. Methusalen

News Credits:
    No problem, I can wait! It's not like the Truckin' Transports are gonna disapear on me before this weekend... Thank you again for doing that for me!