A-Hole E-Bay People

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Sound Blaster, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I had a buddy of mine bid on an auction some guy has for some KO & Vintage TF parts.

Well the auction was over and my buddy paid him for his items and a week later he got a refund after the buyer says this:

"I made it clear in my email, that if you could not pay whitin 48hrs then the contract would be voided and I have no obligation to sell you the items, thus I am refunding you the full amount.
    I will leave good/neutral(up to u) feedback once u do the same"

I read the rest of the e-mail and nowhere listed in any attachements was there this or on his auction page was this.

I know my friend got his cash back but's he fuckin' pissed as hell because he REALLY wanted the stuff

What should I tell him? Can the buyer get in trouble?

:confused: 

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Your friend can file a non-performance complaint against the seller. Other than this and negging the seller (and of course receiving a retaliatory negative in return), nothing can be done.

I've never understood why sellers are so anal about situations like this, especially when they have such a ridiculously short payment period.

If your friend never sells with his account I suggest leaving the negative; IMO, feedback doesn't matter nearly as much unless you're selling. If he wants to open a new account eBay has streamlined the process by eliminating a lot of requirements.

3. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    It has been my understanding that regardless of what timeframe a seller "requires payment" It is Ebay's position that if an auction is payed within 7 days the contract is upheld. Especially if he did not put any type of time frame in the listing. file a non-compliance grievence with ebay, let the seller know it and see what he does.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Sounds like eBay should be made aware of it. Specially if there isnt anything to do with the 48 hour time period in the auction. IMO, if it's not IN the auction then it doesnt apply, Period.

5. JBrock

JBrock TFW2005 Supporter

I would aslo post the seller on the bad sellers thread.

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

That's what I told him but I've had people in the past do this and got away with it..don't know if I should tell him that though...

UPDATE:

Here's what my friend just sent me:

I think he has a case don't you?

:confused: 

7. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Yeah, that's pretty crappy.