A Hasbro distribution question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps my area is just over burdened with scalpers, but I was wondering if my location had anything to do with lack of seeing anything? I know Hasbro is located on the East Coast, and I am on the West Coast up in Washington State, and I have been visiting over 10 stores each week, even within hours of when a store is supposed to have new stock, and I find very little. Twice have I found traces of the BB '08 wave, but of course, there was no BB or Arcee. I am actually MORE curious about Leader Brawl, which nobody seems to be having a major hard time finding, but I haven't seen one. I am not bitching or fussing though, well, not too much anyways, because there is always something if I really feel the need to spend money, but I am still curious about different parts of the country and Hasbro's distribution. I know it's been asked a lot and you can go ahead and show me the "beating a dead horse" icon, but does it just take longer for them to fill orders across the country to retailers or do they all get them at once?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel any better, the only one I saw was the one I bought.

I've had the most luck in the middle of the afternoon (2:30-4) since the drought started...

First sightings are usually on the west coast...

And without further ado, :horse: 
    Have you tried the sightings forum? If anything, find someone near you to keep an eye out, and if they find one, have them crush the box. It deters scalpers. (unless you're going for MISB/MIB... then dont do that)

EDIT: Speaking of which, Brawl was the only leader class fig I've seen since the drought started...

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    It doesn't matter that Hasbro is on the east coast. All their toys are made in China and generally move westward across the US when new product is released. That's why most first sightings of figures in US retail is in Califronia.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm in Chicago and that has apparently been an area of major sightings first a lot. Unicron, Alt Smokescreen, and 09 BB have all been purchaced here or the Indiana area. But I have seen nothing much lately. I got the remnants of the Payload wave at KB and the 09 BB wave at Kohls but that was it. I see only Leader class figures lately.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if Hasbro's distribution isn't the cause, then it's just an oddity. One benefit of this drought is finding that I like the Sigma 6 figures, and I was also happy to get the Encores.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a guy at that shops at my Target pointed out, if you really want to find stuff you have to get there right when the store opens. That and time it right so they've just gotten a shipment of stuff in that night of course. If a store opens at 8am and you got a noon, that's 4 solid hours for people to walk in and buy what you're after. Not heavy shopping times, sure, but for collectors and scalpers it's prime.