A Group Idea? A Comic of a Funnies Convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Galvanitro, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Someone will have the base photo with as many of the figures as possible, and then the others will be photoshopped in.

2. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

Okay, and the person doing the photoshopping will also receive the script of what we are saying?

3. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Yes, of course they will.

4. thecollector

Alrighty then :)  Now all that needs to be decided on is who will do the photoshopping. If you want it done good don't pick me, I'm still learning how to use gimp. :p 

5. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    so for central time
    i would be at 11:00 am right?

6. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Yep.

7. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
  8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    sweet, i get the first comic panel of the convention sweetness

9. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Damn, I can't believe I missed out on this! Oh well, I'm totally looking forward to seeing how it turns out. If there's anything I can do to help it, just let me know.

10. thecollector

If it turns out well, maybe you could join us next time :) 

11. thecollector

Hey can we get a list of who is being represented by what transformer? That way we can change it in case two people are using the same guy, to avoid confusion.

12. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    This will be in the mass PMs.

Sorry, weeklyhero! I'll let you know if we get any spaces for something. :) 

13. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Vector Prime, Drift & Jazz probably should be used to "officially" represent my group. Vector can talk about other dimentions/ probabilities for a dimention (ie. reality shadow dimention vs. the chance of it being a comic), so use him to show my views...

I still intend to show the others walking around, though... It'd give it a sense of size... If anyone wants to use my other figs, they'll be around anyway, so feel free (example for Rattrap to be there on another day, he has to arrive w/ Vector's group on day one, so he'd be around for drinking any day -- not that I condone drinking, but Rattrap is clearly old enough & can handle himself... & has shown that he understands underage stuff isn't good: ie. Cheetor; Also, as old & experienced as Rattrap is, he's not likely to get drunk on the stuff available at the Con, just letting you know). I need someone to watch the Metallikato Demo besides random bots. Let me know if any of you want me to 'shop in your figs & I'll send pics for poses for the training. You can send whatever for watching the Demo. Some stand others sit at such things. Just be sure to include a front & back for viewing. (camera location will vary depending on technique). The sooner, the better, so I know how to do the camera & other stuff. If you just want your bots to watch, but not participate, indicate so when you PM. (If I have the character/s I get pics of, I'll use my toys & make their bit a bit more dynamic.) Also include a speech bubble & either a discription or enough text to decern speech pattern (shape, color, text), in case I have reason to make them speak: as long as it's conventional text (ie. not custom or a d/l), I can replicate the bubble... Ask Pol how well I did w/ Sideways'.

My group being at the Con will be canon, as I intend to show Vector take the group to the alternate reality the Con is in (& back in time for it) when I have the chance in my comic (ie. no battles & the required characters are together), & before the Demo I'll show them arrive.
    Since I appear to have first go (9 AM EST, aka -5:00 GMT), I can do that easy.

Anyone who wants to post arrival bits before I post my stuff, go ahead. 3-5 panels each shouldn't be too bad.

For the purposes of using Vector Prime, unless Galvanitro wants a differnet one, this being his thread, the "Officially" derived designation for this Con (& likely future ones) would probably be: Nexus (since it deals w/ multiple Alternities, ala TransTech) Epsilon (convention) 611.1 (date created): Nexus Epsilon 611.1.

For the time being:
    *Also of note, Galvanitro has Downshift as one of my characters, that is acutally the toy I use for Wheeljack (since he looks like Wheeljack). In my comic "Downshift" is Armada Wheeljack's toy (to eliminate confusion), & so far, he's only had a few background lines of little importance.

My Rhinox & Rattrap will be in the Con Alternity as well.

14. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Sounds great, Keith. We've got a bit of planning to do before we get to it, but at least everyone needing to be there on Thursday (and others I'm sure) will get a chance for arrival bits.

15. thecollector

Sorry, can you add animated prowl for me? Blurr and terradive will be joining me but prowl will be the one to represent me. Thanks and sorry for being such a pain. :lol 

16. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Sure, I'll do that when I post the official guest list.

17. thecollector

Thanks, but do we know the exact dates yet? Like thursday the 10th?

18. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    It's been posted already but:

IT IS: June 16-19th.

19. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am REALLY confused on what's going on now. Several things I really don't understand.

First, we need to drop characters? For what, and why? I understand for the party night, what with there being groups of characters from numerous comics (as that might be rather BIG and very complicated to Photoshop) but why for the individual QnA panels? We're doing them, so what was wrong with the five characters?

Second, why was there a cut off for people to get in? I might understand if a convention center was booked for only a few days, but can't we make this as long as we want it to be? I say let's include as many people as we can, or maybe just add another day of stuff.

But I really like the brochure. :D 

20. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    ... Y'know, my TFN panel is... a bit early. If I can't draw up Megs and Prime at a table in time, you don't mind if it's... text, do you?