A GOOD Wal-Mart Experience (Ultra Magnus related)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part 1

Ok, so, like a fool, when Wlmart.com put UM Reissue up for sale I jumped on it because A. I was completely impulsive and B. I really wanted it. Well, when I saw it available for less at another website, I ordered one there to and called WM to cancel the order. They tried, but it was too late and it already shipped. By the way, the total price for the one from WM was about $118 because the charged about $18 shipping and taxed everything. Crazy!

Part 2

So, when I recieved it, I knew that I couldn't get the shipping back, but I went to a local store to return it. Because they couldn't scan it and it wasn't a store product, they said they couldn't return it and I had to send it back.

Part 3

I called up Walmart.com and tried to talk them into refunding some of the shipping costs since they overcharged me. They said I agreed to pay that much, and then I said "I agreed to pay that much for a 6 pound item, and this isn't a 6 pound item". They checked their site, which NOW says it's a 1.8 pound item and they refused to help or believe that I was overcharged. I argued with them actually until my cell went out. Erg!

Part 4

I sometimes go to a super walmart that's much farther then my local ones, because they actually get new toys. I went, and they did have the new Real Gears (the watch and game controller) so I happily picked them up. I also brought Magnus along to try to return him here and see what they said. Well, I got an older lady, who scanned it, and then when it wouldn't work, she used a generic department code, and commented how she can't beleive they charged me so much. I explained a little bit about it to her and she understood. Then, she said, "You know, we don't refund the shipping." and I said I knew that, but then she said "Why did they charge you so much? You know, I'm just going to refund you this because that's crazy!" So I got my full $118 back!

You know, since it was originally my stupid mistake of ordering him, I was almost about to say "F**k it" and keep the bad investment, but I finally found someone nice and who had some common sense working at Wal-Mart! Go figure!

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    good for you man, consider yourself blessed. that kinda shit doesnt happen every day.

3. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Aboslutely- that's why I was surprised enough to make a thread about it!

4. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LUCKY!! I want those new lolgears.

But good to hear you got a refund, I would just as pissed if I could get it for cheaper on another site.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I got one of those at Walmart once. Paid for the replacement of my oil pan, too, 'cause I could prove that they did an oil change despite their own regulations saying that they couldn't do it (I had a stripped plug).

Nice to find them, rare creatures that they are! :D 

--Moony

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love a good disgruntled walmart associate(notice I didnt say employee).

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    You know, whenever I have problems with trying to get some time of money back when a "credit mishap" happens, I always keep calling back until I get an older lady and that "she" is usually alot more helpful in me attaining my goals rather than some young punk or middle-aged ass.

8. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's some good fortune on your side, nice to know that there's still someone that knows when the customer gets f'ed in the a with a company mistake.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Congrats, we're not all so lucky.

I wonder what she's gonna do with that? Put it back out on a shelf? That'd be real nice, give some collector hope - have him/her drive back to the store several times and calling to see if they have anymore...all cuz you returned the ONE toy. Good job, now you're just building false hopes and dreams!

10. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Haha, well if it helps, I asked her what she if they were going to sell it and she told me know, they would have to send it back. Of course, who knows for sure?

11. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Glad things worked out for you there. That shipping was ridiculous.

I decided to forgo any problems with returns so I told my UPS guy that I didn't want the package and he sent it back. I received a credit for the full price (including shipping) in a few days.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I soo Can't wait for Ultra Magnus,I want him to go with my Reissue Soundwave, Ravage,Lazerbeak,G1 Optimus and Topspin.

13. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had some good luck with Wal-Mart customer service last week too. Seems it's just a matter of getting to the right person there (i.e. someone who is actually there to work and not chew gum and chat with friends).

14. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    found a returned one at a walmart by me. gf picked it up, cause we heard a few people who found it and got it cheap cause it wasnt in the computer. well it rang up at 97 and change... so we passed.

15. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Yar, I can't find thoes anywhere. I wish I had a Super Walmart near me. :eek: