A Good Mic and recording software for home Recordings?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by autobotblaster, Aug 27, 2011.

1. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

hey guys! im looking to find a Good mic (condeser too) and soft ware for my PC, im trying to record some music and edit it. i used to be able to use some proffesional equipment my buddy had but since i moved i havent been able to record. so i was wondering if you guys(girls) know of any good and semi cheap mics and software. thanks!

:dj  :music  :rock 

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hm, I don't know about recording music but I know for recording voice (eg podcasting) Samson has a nice USB mic (C01U) for about $100 and Audacity is popular free audio editing software. Again, don't know if that'll work so well for music, but maybe it'll help you out.

3. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

Depends on what you're recording. I used to have a Shure SM7 i used for recording guitars. i got it for free tho. Audacity is good for demos. If you have an ipod touch or iphone get garage band lol. you can plug your instruments right into the phone (via a plug thingy) loads of effects and stuff.

4. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

alright, i will use audacity for the editing, but now i need a mic for vocal recording. i already have a completley seperate set-up for my drums and stuff, i just need a decent Mic for recording vocals seperatly. ill use audacity to splice them together.

5. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

Shure SM57 or SM58 both are pretty cheap.