Customs: A good bet for a Titanium Hot Spot?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nerroth, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi.

I have Titanium RiD Optimus, and while I like the fig as he is, I do wonder a little about how he might work as a Hot Spot mini, with the right modifications.

Has anyone tried this before - and if so, is there any particular head you'd suggest to use instead of the one he has already?

(I think I saw a Hot Spot made out of a regular RiD Optimus, but I didn't find one based on the Titanium yet...)

Oh, and even if there are no suitably-scaled figs to count as the other Protectobots, that's ok for now. (Ideas in that regard are welcome, though!)

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, I can see it. As for the head, you can either paint it or maybe swap it for a modded Classics Grimlock head.

Since this mold is a deluxe size, you'll need scouts for the limbs. You can use either of the helicopter limbs from Energon Bruticus Maximus for Blades, maybe RID Axer for Groove, and Cybertron Swerve/Clocker for Streetwise if you mod him to look like a police car. The only one left is First Aid. I think an Activators Ratchet could work, but it might be a tad bit smaller than the scouts.

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I don't have a Classics or Henkei Grimlock at the moment - but would that head still fit neatly in firetruck mode?

Well, in the Legends scale, there is the Blades from the 5-pack, Red Alert (Streetwise) and movie Rescue Ratchet (First Aid)...

...and Animated Prowl (who might need a new head to work as Groove, though).

Would they be good sizes to go with Ti-Spot?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Actually, I think RID Prime's head is already great for Hotspot! Just paint it black and it's pretty much as close as anything else!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, G1 Hotspot's head might be close to the right size

zmog

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I see what you are getting at - but then, what would be a good choice as a head for Defensor?

6. magic 8 ball

magic 8 ball Member

I've been toying with this idea myself ever since I saw this work of art.

I liked the way the 'combined' look worked, and I want a transformable Hot Spot, and... well, that's a lot of time, effort, money (since I don't have an RiD Prime), and paint to put into something that would likely chip and rub all over the place (as the customizer notes).

Titanium RiD Prime seems to be the perfect solution to all of that, since the only robot mode is the only one I want. I'm VERY curious to see how this turns out for you, as I probably won't get around to mine for months... and by that time, my luck says that Hasbro will actually make it (sans metal, of course) for the Universe line.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting idea, and I can see it working really well. As for the other bots, I personally would go with these:

-Streetwise- Cybertron Clocker (or any of his repaints)
    -Blades- Energon Blackout/Stormcloud (or any of their repaints)
    -Groove- Cybertron Lugnutz (or any of his repaints)
    -First Aid- Cybertron Overhaul (or any of his repaints)

Of course they would need some mods to look like rescue vehicles, but they wouldn't be too hard. Basically new heads, light bars, paint jobs, and conectors (if you plan to have them combine)

Actually, no, neither on of those would work well. Legends Blades would be too small, and Animated Prowl would be too big (the Legends version of him would be too small).